This Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection market.
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a common virus that causes respiratory infection. The virus infects lungs and respiratory passage. RSV infection is common among adults who experience symptoms like mild cold however in infants and older people the infection can be very serious. RSV is the most common cause of bronchiolitis and pneumonia among infants. RSV infection is limited to the respiratory tract. The virus inoculates in the lower respiratory tract and spreads into the respiratory system through cell to cell transfer in syncytia. RSV infection has very high incidence rate. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), almost all children get RSV infection by the age of 2 years. Moreover the Respiratory syncytial virus spreads very quickly through cough, sneeze and touching the infected surfaces which delivers the virus into the host body. The recovery period for RSV infection is around 1 to 2 weeks among infants, the virus still remains in the body and can spread easily to another person. Owing to high incidence rate, the market for pediatric syncytial virus infection is expected to witness robust growth over the forecast period.
Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market: Drivers and Restraints
Growing incidence of RSV among children is expected to increase demand for RSV infection treatment products. Rise in the birth rate is expected to propel demand for RSV treatment products over the forecast period. According to the United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, the global population is expected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030. This increase in the baby boomer population is expected to add to the patient pool of the RSP virus and thus in turn increase demand for RSV infection treatment over the forecast period. RSV infection can occur at any age however the infection rate among children varies as compared to adults. Among infants and children, nearly 25 out of every 40 children suffering from RSV infection, exhibit signs of bronchiolitis or pneumonia. Owing to severity of the infection the awareness among public regarding the RSV infection is growing which in turn is expected to boost demand for respiratory syncytial virus infection treatment. Increase in the risk of acquiring RSV among children is associated with the community settings like attending school, exposure to environmental pollutants etc. with changing social dynamic structure the incidence rate of RSV infection is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period. However absence of definitive treatment, side effects and limited efficacy of the drugs available in the market and dependency in symptom based treatment in several cases is expected to hamper revenue growth of the pediatric respiratory syncytial virus infection market over the forecast period.
Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market: Overview
The global market for pediatric respiratory syncytial virus infection is expected to witness robust growth owing to increasing incidence rate of the RSV infection and growth in the birth rate.
Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market: Region – wise Outlook
Globally the pediatric respiratory syncytial virus infection market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). Globally RSV is responsible for nearly 18% of the total child deaths. North America and Western Europe are expected to be the leading markets in the global pediatric respiratory syncytial virus infection market. High awareness and easy available diagnostic tests are expected to boost demand for RSV infection treatment products in these regions. Japan and APEJ are expected to follow next in terms of demand for the treatment of pediatric respiratory syncytial virus infection market. Eastern Europe, Latin America and MEA markets are also expected to witness above average growth over the forecast period. Absence of population based studies in developing countries is a major challenge in assessment of RSV related infections in these countries.
Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market: Participants
Some players in the global pediatric syncytial virus infection market are Ablynx NV, Aridis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Artificial Cell Technologies, Inc. is conducting studies for development of vaccine against RSV. The company’s vaccines is into pre – clinical development and preparing for IND filing to conduct phase 1 trials. Astellas Pharma Inc. entered into strategic partnership with ClearPath Development company for building a vaccine portfolio for Respiratory Syncytial Virus, AstraZeneca is conducting observational studies of Respiratory Syncytial Virus Hospitalizations among U.S. infants. Bavarian Nordic., a biotechnology company is building a antibody based treatment against RSV, which is currently into phase 2 clinical trials.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and technology.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- APEJ (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market: Segmentation
- Alpha agonists
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Alcohol ingredients changing market dynamics of the industry
- Alcohol ingredients Market in-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Alcohol ingredients Market Recent industry trends and developments
- Alcohol ingredients Market Competitive landscape
- Alcohol ingredients Market Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pediatric Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)