This Polyols market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Polyols market.
Polyols are defined as sugar-free sweeteners, which are used in the same amount as sugar is used in food and beverage products. The chemical structure of polyols is partially sugar and alcohol thus, called as sugar alcohols. Different polyols available for use in food and beverage products include erythritol, sorbitol, maltitol, isomalt and others. Owing to demand for low calorie food and beverage products among consumers to overcome obesity, weight management and type-2 diabetes, the polyols market is predicted to witness significant growth in next five to six years.
Also, benefits such as non-cariogenic nature, low insulin level for metabolism, less energy utilization and others have led manufactures adoption towards polyols as a replacement with sugar in the food and beverage products. Application of polyols as blends in food and beverage products, resulting in improved taste and stability is predicted to increase usage of polyols in food products. In addition, blending polyols offers flexibility to food manufacturers to take each sweetener’s individual taste in the food product.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The global polyols market is segmented on the basis of polyols type, application and regions. The polyols segmentation includes erythritol, sorbitol, maltitol, isomalt and others. Among, all the polyols type, sorbitol is expected to witness considerable growth in the near future. This is primarily attributed to versatility, low caloric value and other health benefits resulting in low fat or calories.
On the basis of application, polyols market is segmented into food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care. In addition, food segment is further sub-segmented into candies, frozen desserts, syrups, cookies and others. Pharmaceutical sub-segmentation includes breath mints, cough medicines and chewing gum. Personal care is sub-segmented into mouthwash and toothpaste, perfumes, make-up, deodorants and lotions.
On the basis of regions, the global polyols market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East and Africa. Of which, currently North America dominates the market in terms of % share contribution. However, Asia Pacific excluding Japan and South America are expected to record high growth as compared to the other regions by 2025. This is attributed to increasing health concerns among consumers, changing lifestyle particularly in countries such as India, China and Brazil.
Polyols Market Dynamics
Consumer inclination towards low calorie food, growing health concerns and changing consumer lifestyle are key factors fuelling the global polyols market growth. In addition, increasing obesity levels and diabetes concerns among population are anticipated to drive the demand for low calorie food products, resulting in significant contribution of these products among consumes. Moreover, increasing awareness among manufacturers of processed food products regarding benefits of polyols such as suspension, thickness and stabilization offered by xanthum gum is predicted to increase uptake of polyols in food and beverage products.
Although, raw material availability in developing regions is restraining the market growth; strategic alliances among players in the global polyols market is expected to increase the growth in the near future. There are numerous benefits associated with application of polyols in food and beverage products, regulatory approvals is a major factor hampering the complete use of all polyols in food and beverage products.
Polyols Market Key Players
Some of the prominent players operating in the global polyols market include Mitsubishi-Kagaku Foods, Cargill Inc., Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Ecogreen Oleochemicals Gmbh, American International Foods and Archer Daniels Midland among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Polyols Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Polyols Market Segments
- Polyols Market Dynamics
- Polyols Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Polyols Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Polyols Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Polyols Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Polyols Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Polyols Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Polyols Market Detailed overview of parent market
- Polyols changing market dynamics of the industry
- Polyols Market In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Polyols Market Recent industry trends and developments
- Polyols Market Competitive landscape
- Polyols Market Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Polyols Market Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Polyols Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Polyols Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Polyols Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Polyols Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)