This Synthetic Lubricants Functional Fluids market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Synthetic Lubricants Functional Fluids market.
Global Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market: Overview
Synthetic lubricants are produced by means of chemical synthesis of refinery by products and comprises of group III, IV and group V base oils including polyalphaolefins, polyalkylene glycols and esters, etc. Owing to the high viscosity indexes, high temperature stability, low pouring points, and low traction coefficients, synthetic lubricants are superior to the conventional mineral oils.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market: Segmentation
Global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market is segmented into product type, synthetic base stock, end-use industry, and region. The global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market is segmented on the basis of product type which includes engine oils, transmission and hydraulic fluids, antifreeze and deicing fluids, metalworking fluids, heat transfer fluids, and dielectric fluids etc. On the basis of synthetic base stock, the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market can be segmented into glycols, polyalphaolefins, esters, and Group III base oils etc. Global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market is segmented on the basis of end-use industry which includes automotive, aerospace/aircrafts, metals, industrial machinery, energy/power generation, construction and process industries etc. Region wise, the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific (APEJ), Japan, Middle East and Africa (MEA).
Global Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market: Region-wise Outlook
In 2014, Europe accounted for a major share of the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market. However, the region is likely to lose share as a result of the shift in manufacturing activities to parts of Asia and South America. Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness a high CAGR growth between 2015 and 2025. Developing economies like China and India have shown high performance, owing to the undeterred pace of industrialization. There is a strong domestic demand in most of the industrial sectors in the Chinese and Indian markets. The budding automotive sector in China and India is predicted to be a key driver for the increased demand. Furthermore, the growing aviation industry in the region is further projected to boost the demand for synthetic lubricants and functional fluids over the forecast period.
Global Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market: Drivers
The requirement of high performance products and increasingly stringent environmental regulations are the key factors driving the growth of the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market.
Growth of the global synthetics and functional fluids market will also be fueled by the rising availability of high quality base stocks as a result of increasing investments in newer base stock capacities all over the world.
Owing to the expanding supply of the synthetic lubricants and functional fluids, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), which are taking steps towards global specifications, are increasingly willing to advocate the use of high performance synthetic products.
Synthetic lubricants and functional fluids have emerged as the ideal choice, owing to its ability to decrease the maintenance time and downtime costs by increasing the drain intervals.
Another key factor driving the growth of the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market is the superior performance obtainable by synthetic lubricants over their conventional counterparts in terms of low friction, high temperature performance, and higher load carrying capacity. Additionally, the rising demand from the automobile and industrial segment in Asia-Pacific drives the growth of the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market.
Global Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market: Restraints
Factors such as higher fuel prices and low disposable incomes have kept customers off-road with the passion for SUVs waning, thus causing decline in the number of vehicle miles driven. Weak employment rates and spending power have accounted for lower new vehicle sales, thus hindering the growth of the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market.
Additionally, decline in the industrial production, automotive production, and mining and construction activities have negatively impacted the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market.
Global Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market: Key Players
Some of the major players identified in the global synthetic lubricants and functional fluids market are Exxon Mobil, Prestone Products, Royal Dutch Shell, AMSOIL Incorporated, Ashland Incorporated, Autoparts Holdings Limited, BASF SE, Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP, Berkshire Hathaway Incorporated, BP plc, Chemtura Corporation, Chevron Corporation, ConocoPhillips, CLC Lubricants Company, Dow Chemical Company, DuPont (EI) de Nemours, Eastman Chemical Company, Milacron LLC, Total SA, and Warren Oil Company Incorporated, etc.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Synthetic Lubricants Functional Fluids Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market Segments
- Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Synthetic Lubricants and Functional Fluids Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Synthetic Lubricants Functional Fluids Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Synthetic Lubricants Functional Fluids Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Synthetic Lubricants Functional Fluids Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Synthetic Lubricants Functional Fluids Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.