Market Insights on U.S.Plastic-to-fuel covering sales outlook, demand forecast & up-to-date key trends
U.S.Plastic-to-fuel Market By Revenue Generation Model (Fuel, Processors, Royalties), End Products (Crude Oil, Diesel) & Region - Forecast 2015 - 2020
U.S.Plastic-to-fuel Market Overview
U.S. Plastic-to-fuel Market is estimated to generate US$ 42.78 million in revenues in 2015, which is likely to reach US$ 98.26 million in 2020.
Plastic-to-fuel technology is expected to be a game-changer in the energy market. There are three revenue models in the U.S. plastic-to-fuel market :
- Revenue from the sale of processors
- Revenue from the sale of fuels produced using waste plastic processors
- Revenues from royalties earned by sharing proprietary technology.
U.S.Plastic-to-fuel Market - Drivers & Trends
The global need for an alternative fuel technology due to depleting natural resources, and the increasing use of plastic are among the key drivers of the Plastic-to-fuel Market. Increasing waste plastic generation necessitates for recycling technology, which reduces landfill waste in addition to converting waste into combustible fuel meeting environmental standards.
Abundant raw material availability coupled with their low cost (sometimes zero cost) attracts more players in this market. However, complexities in the conversion technology, as well as high initial setup cost for plastic to fuel conversion facility, are witnessed as key constraints for the growth of the U.S. plastic-to-fuel Market
U.S. Plastic-to-fuel Market Segmentation by End Product
The U.S. plastic-to-fuel market is poised to reach a valuation of US$ 98.26 million in 2020 from US$ 42.78 million in 2015. The market is expected to witness a CAGR of about 6.79% through 2016 to 2020. The fuels produced using conversion technologies are further sub-segmented as crude oil and diesel, wherein crude oil is anticipated to account for leading market share in 2015.
Plastic-to-fuel conversion technologies primarily include pyrolysis, depolymerisation and gasification. Key players in plastic-to-fuel market utilize pyrolysis technology to convert waste plastic into fuel. However, all the players are have incorporated certain modifications in the process, which they have patented as a proprietary technology.
In some of the processes, pre-processing of waste plastic is necessary, however, market players are developing technologies in order to reduce pre-processing. This is due to the fact that pre-processing incurs costs and in order to increase the profit margin, pre-processing costs needs to be minimum.
U.S. Plastic-to-fuel Market Segmentation by Revenue Generating Model
The U.S. plastic-to-fuel market has been segmented in to three revenue generating models, wherein the market revenues can be generated through sale of processors, sale of fuels and royalties earned by companies with proprietary technologies. The revenue generated through sale of processors accounted for the leading share in 2020.
U.S. Plastic-to-fuel Market: Key Players
The U.S. plastic-to-fuel market is dominated by major players, such as Plastic2Oil, Agilyx Corporation, Vadxx Energy, Green Envirotec Holdings LLC and RES polyflow. This players in the market are joining hands with waste plastic feedstock providers such as industries generating waste plastic, local municipalities, etc.
Most of the companies have expansion plans in coming years, which is likely to increase the revenues generated in the U.S. plastic to fuel market.
U.S. Plastic-to-fuel Market: Government Grants
As far as the government grants for recycling technologies is concerned, Pyrolysis, which is widely used to convert waste plastic into fuel is not eligible for recycling grants offered by state governments.
This is due to the fact that the technology is not categorized under recycling technology and is called conversion technology. However, it can still fetch government grants for green job creation and credits incentives for starting a unit in rural area.
U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market, Incremental $ Opportunity (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
Key Segments Covered
The report analyses U.S. Plastic-to-fuel market on the basis of following segments:
- Revenue generation model
- End Products
- Crude Oil
Frequently Asked Questions
The US plastic-to-fuel market is likely to record a CAGR of 6.7% through 2032.
The US plastic-to-fuel market size is expected to be US$ 213.97 Bn by 2032.
The US plastic-to-fuel market share is likely to grow over US$ 111.87 Bn in 2022.
The need for an alternative fuel technology due to depleting natural resources drives the US plastic-to-fuel market.
Table of Content
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
3. Assumptions & Acronyms Used
4. Market Overview
4.1 Market Introduction- U.S. Plastic-to-fuel Market
4.1.1 Market Definition
4.1.2 Market Taxonomy
4.2 U.S. Fuel Market Overview
4.2.1 U.S. Oil Market Size
4.2.2 U.S. Oil Consumption Analysis & Forecast
4.2.3 U.S. Oil Production Analysis & Forecast
4.2.4 U.S. Oil Import Analysis & Forecast
4.3 Market Dynamics
4.3.3 Impact Analysis of Drivers & Restraints
4.3.4 Market Trends
5. U.S. Plastic-to fuel Market Analysis, By Revenue Model, 2015- 2020
5.1.1 Market Size & forecast
5.1.2 Y-o-Y Growth
5.1.3 BPS Analysis
5.2 Processor Market Analysis & Forecast
5.2.1 Market Size & Forecast
5.2.2 Incremental $ Opportunity
5.3 Fuel Market Analysis & Forecast
5.3.1 Market Size & Forecast
5.3.2 Incremental $ Opportunity
5.4 Royalties Market Analysis & Forecast
5.4.1 Market Size & Forecast
5.4.2 Incremental $ Opportunity
6. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuels Market, By End Product, 2015-2020
6.1.1 Market Size & Forecast
6.1.2 Y-o-Y Growth
6.1.3 BPS Analysis
6.2 Crude Oil Generated Through Waste Plastic Market Analysis & Forecast
6.2.1 Market Size & Forecast
6.2.2 Incremental $ Opportunity
6.3 Diesel Generated Through Waste Plastic Market Analysis & Forecast
6.3.1 Market Size & Forecast
6.3.2 Incremental $ Opportunity
7. Technological Overview
8. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuels Market- Competitive Landscape
8.1 Competitive Dashboard
8.2 Competitive Benchmarking
8.3 Company Profiles
184.108.40.206 Company details, Production facilities & Capacity
.3.1.2 Company Timeline
220.127.116.11 Business Strategies & Expansion Plans
8.3.2 Vadxx Energy
18.104.22.168 Company details, Production facilities & Capacity
22.214.171.124 Company Timeline
126.96.36.199 Business Strategies & Expansion Plans
8.3.3 Agilyx Corporation
188.8.131.52 Company details, Production facilities & Capacity
184.108.40.206 Company Timeline
220.127.116.11 Business Strategies & Expansion Plans
8.3.4 Green Envirotech Holdings LLC
18.104.22.168 Company details, Production facilities & Capacity
22.214.171.124 Company Timeline
126.96.36.199 Business Strategies & Expansion Plans
List of Tables
1. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market Value Forecast, By End Product, 2015–2020 (US$ Mn)
2. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market Volume Forecast, By End Product, 2015–2020 (Bbl/ Day)
3. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Processor Market Value Forecast, By Company, 2015–2020 (US$ Mn/year)
List of Charts
1. U.S. Domestic Crude Oil Production & Crude Oil Price Trend & Forecast, 2014–2020
2. Total Municipal Waste Generation in U.S. 1990–2012
3. Municipal Solid Waste Generation in U.S., By Material Type, 2012
4. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market, By Value (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
5. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market, Absolute $ Opportunity (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
6. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market Share – By Fuel Type 2015 & 2020
7. U.S. Plastic-to Fuel Market – Fuel – By Value (US$Mn), 2015–2020
8. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market – Fuel – By Volume (Mn Bbl/year), 2015–2020
9. U.S. Plastic-to-fuel Market – Crude Oil – By Value (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
10. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market – Crude Oil – Incremental $ Opportunity (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
11. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market – Diesel – By Value (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
12. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Market – Diesel – Incremental $ Opportunity (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
13. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Processor Market, By Value (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
14. U.S. Plastic-To-Fuel Processor Market, Incremental $ Opportunity (US$ Mn). 2015–2020
15. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Royalties Market, By Value (US$ Mn), 2015–2020
16. U.S. Plastic-to-Fuel Royalties Market – Incremental $ Opportunity (US$ Mn), 2015–2020