This Vacation Ownership Sector Overview And Forecast market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Vacation Ownership Sector Overview And Forecast market.
Vacation ownership also known as timeshare, offers the opportunity to share the ownership of vacation accommodation generally resorts or condominiums in popular domestic or international tourist destinations. Typically, the vacation accommodation is shared by multiple owners who hold the right to use the property for a specific period of time in a year. Property owners can either use a specific unit of the resort or the total property during an allotted period of time.
Time share accommodation is the most profitable sector as the owner holds rights for a specific period of time mostly for a few weeks in a specific season. In order to capitalise on the increasing popularity of time share accommodation, major international hotels have also entered this sector and are developing a full range of offerings in various destinations. There are three main types of vacation ownership in the industry including fixed week, floating week and points based system. Under fixed week system, the owner generally holds the rights of a particular apartment in a resort for the same period of time each year. In a floating week system, unlike in fixed week, the owner can change the time of holiday each year based on the availability. Under the points based system, owners often have an advance reservation for a particular destination and own “timeshare points” instead of accommodation units and can redeem these points at various destinations.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The robust growth of the vacation ownership industry is mainly attributed to growing population of high net worth individuals across the globe. According to the world wealth report, there were around 720,000 new high net worth individuals in 2015 and this number is projected to increase further at a significant rate. Further, vacation owner accommodations provide more in-room amenities such as kitchens and laundry facilities and offer spacious floor space compared to other traditional hotels. Factors such as high occupancy rates, increasing revenue per available room and average daily rate compared to traditional hotels have boosted the growth of the timeshare accommodation industry.
However, huge competition from regional players as well as international players can impact the growth of the vacation ownership sector in the short term. In addition, annual maintenance cost is involved in vacation ownership accommodation, which may increase each year whether the accommodation is used or not. In addition, finding skilled staff is another restraint in the vacation ownership sector. Further, the players in the timeshare accommodation industry have to adopt innovative strategies in order to strengthen their marketing processes.
Vacation Ownership: Regional Outlook
Regarding geography, the global vacation ownership sector has been categorised into seven key regions including North and Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is the leading region in the world followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. North America is expected to witness significant growth as the hospitality and leisure industry is evolving and tourists are seeking new and unique vacation experiences. The Asia Pacific region is expected to increase at an exponential rate due to growing ultra-high net worth individuals and increasing tourist arrivals in the region. China and India are the leading contributors to the growth of the timeshare accommodation sector in the Asia Pacific region.
Vacation Ownership: Forecast Analysis
As the travel and tourism industry is increasing the popularity of timeshare accommodation has increased and several timeshare accommodation exchange organisations have entered the market. The exchange organisation enables consumers to exchange their vacation accommodation with another timeshare owner accommodation at a different place. Globally, Resort Condominiums International and Interval International are the popular organisations that offer timeshare exchange services. According to the Resort Condominiums International website, the company has 38 million members with 35,000 exchange options spanning around 108 countries.
Vacation Ownership: Key Players
Some of the major players of the global vacation ownership industry include Hilton, DeVere, Marriotts, MacDonalds, Starwood Hotels, Resorts Worldwide and Westgate.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Vacation Ownership Sector Overview And Forecast Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Vacation Ownership Sector Overview And Forecast report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Vacation Ownership Sector Overview And Forecast. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Vacation Ownership Sector Overview And Forecast report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Vacation Ownership Sector Overview And Forecast, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.