This Gds Travelport Systems Overview And Analysis market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gds Travelport Systems Overview And Analysis market.
Technology governs the present day travel and tourism industry. Automation has a prospering future for the dynamic travel and tourism industry. Among travel and tourism automation GDS is a prospering network system highly in demand by travel operators. It is an online system which manages travel portals for travel operators or agents and assists in activities such as ticket booking, rates, delivery inventory, discounts, rooms, descriptions and many other functionalities. Some companies come up with GDS systems for the travel domain; some of them listed are – Amadeus, Expedia, Hotwire, Kayak, Orbitz, Priceline, Sabre, Travelocity, Travelport. Among these companies Global Distribution Systems or GDS are known by four types, they are Amadeus, SABRE, Travelport (Galileo or Worldspan), and Abacus. The Travelport is the GDS system that assists travel operators in booking flight tickets. As the travel operators use it hence it is in the B2B market and not meant for B2C or end users. It gives all kind of information required to agents for answering customer queries as well as helps in managing their database while making ticket bookings.
Travelport was formed in 2006. Travel data of the tourism industry redefines the data in distribution systems connecting the core features of airlines and the subsidiary products. The organisation is also known for strengthening the track to meet the rising need of the travel business which includes railways, hotels, tour operators, cruise and car rentals. GDS Travelport provides services to more than 170 countries across the globe. North, Latin America, Western Europe, the Middle East and Asia-based tourism management companies and many travel operators use this technology abundantly to benefit themselves from services such as handling customer portals (including contact details, product specials, latest news or detailed support information), ticket booking, new product advisory, price analysis and much more.
Travelport GDS Systems: Drivers, Trends and Opportunity Analysis
The control of technology over the travel and tourism industry has created a tremendous opportunity for the growth of the GDS travelport system. It is now becoming a trend, and most of the travel agents prefer using these GDS systems to manage bookings. GDS Travelport not only supports insiders in managing their work and booking tickets, but it also helps them strategize future market approaches. GDS Travelport has influenced many private and government parties to invest in developing travel-related tools that can switch the revenue channels. Many travel agencies or travel management companies prefer Travelport for booking flights because, doing this will benefit them more with many facilities as GDS Travelport can offer travel fares and prices on behalf of airlines as per IATA’s industry standard; this is because GDS Travelport is the first GDS that is labelled as NDC certified.
GDS Travelport also helps airlines merchandise their offering and brand schemes to Travelport using travel operators as well as travel management companies globally, in which more than 200 airlines are already practicing this technology. Using Travelport Universal API, online travel agencies can also avail the information directly.
Travelport GDS Systems: Limitations
Although GDS Travelport is widely used amongst many travel agents and travel management companies, there are some hitches that limit the adoption of GDS Travelport. Some of them are the cost of GDS based software and competition with other GDS based networking system companies. Mostly, workers connected with travel management companies are habituated to manual work and a shift towards technology is another limitation that can slow down the growth of GDS Travelport to some extent. Due to the downturn in the global economy, many corporate travels have dropped, and this has also impacted the growth of GDS Travelport adoption.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gds Travelport Systems Overview And Analysis Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Travelport GDS Systems:Segmentation
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Gds Travelport Systems Overview And Analysis report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Gds Travelport Systems Overview And Analysis. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Gds Travelport Systems Overview And Analysis report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Gds Travelport Systems Overview And Analysis, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.