This Wide Bandgap Semiconductors market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Wide Bandgap Semiconductors market.
Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market: Introduction
Wide-bandgap semiconductors are semiconductor materials which allows devices to operate at much high temperatures, voltages, and frequencies considering that of traditional semiconductor materials such as gallium arsenide and silicon.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market: Drivers and Restraints
To extend the battery life and to improve the power efficiency in electronic and electrical gadgets such as portable media players, desktop computers, flat panel displays, notebooks, smartphones wide bandgap semiconductors are used. So increasing demand of above-mentioned goods is spurring the demand for wide bandgap semiconductors market during the forecast period.
To produce the ultraviolet LEDs with wavelengths ranging from 200–250 nm and to make blue LEDs and lasers wide bandgap semiconductors are used. So increasing demand of LED lights is influencing the growth of the wide bandgap semiconductors market. On the other hand, the high cost of manufacturing of wide bandgap semiconductor is the major challenge restraining the growth of the wide bandgap semiconductors market over the forthcoming years.
Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market: Segmentation
Wide bandgap semiconductors market is segmented into product, application, and region.
By product, the wide bandgap semiconductors market can be segmented into diamond and silicon carbide (SiC), Aluminum nitride (AlN), Gallium nitride (GaN) and Boron nitride (BN).
By application, the wide bandgap semiconductors market can be segmented into Defense and Aerospace, Information and Communication Technology, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, and others
Regionally wide bandgap semiconductors can be segmented into Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, the Middle East and Africa, Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Japan.
Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market: Regional Outlook
North America dominated the wide bandgap semiconductors market was owing to increase in applied demand of wide bandgap semiconductors in automobile sectors. Therefore the demand for wide bandgap semiconductors in the respective region is expected to spur over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific countries such as India and China are expected to witness the fastest growth due to increasing demand of efficient semiconductors in various sectors such as automotive, computer, consumer goods and others. Further lucrative business opportunities in India such as “Make In India” is encouraging investors to invest in the country owing to avail benefits of supportive government regulation and easy availability of cheap labors are the other factors influencing the growth of the Wide Bandgap Semiconductors market in the India.
Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market: Competition Landscape
The major player operating in the wide bandgap semiconductors market are Efficient Power Conversion Corporation, Mersen S.A., Everlight Electronics Co, Avogy, Inc., Toshiba Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Renesas Electronics Corporation, GaN Systems Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., and Cree Inc.
The other prominent vendors associated with the wide bandgap semiconductors market are Fairchild Semiconductor, GeneSiC Semiconductor, Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Infineon Technologies AG, MicroGaN Gmbh, United Silicon Carbide Inc., Microsemi Corporation, Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. Mitsubishi Electric, Nitronix Nanotechnology Corporation, Powerex, ROHM Semiconductor, STMicroelectronics, Sanken Electric Co., Ltd, Semikron, Semisouth Laboratories, Inc., and Shindengen Electric.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Aircraft Refurbishing Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Wide Bandgap Semiconductors Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.