3D Scanners Market to Expand Fourfold by 2030; Raw Material Shortages Due to Covid-19 Restrictions Impeding Market Growth
3D scanners have been witnessing huge adoption for commercial use cases. In addition, the flexibility of 3D scanning technology to be customized as per professional requirements in several industries has boosted its adoption across prominent end-use industries. Case in point, in the healthcare sector, 3D scanners are leveraged to model body organs in three dimensions, which is utilized to create prosthetics. They can also be used to facilitate wound management and form body implants. Against this backdrop, the global 3D scanners market would grow at an impressive CAGR in excess of 14% over the forecast period of 2020-2030.
3d Scanner Market
A recent market study published by FMI on the 3D scanners market includes global indust...
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has hit the profit margins of electronics manufacturers, globally. As such, players in the 3D scanners market are confronting raw material shortages with weeks of delays, on an average. Further, manufacturing and automotive industries are key revenue creators for the 3D scanners market, and the pandemic has severely affected these industries too. Consequently, the 3D scanners market would witness a notable drop in demand from these industries. A majority of manufacturers are forecasting a decline in sales over the first two quarters of 2020, and over 60% players are projecting business operations to recover by October 2020.
“Recent tech-enabled advances in the healthcare industry, investment upheaval in medical equipment, expanding geriatric pool, and fast-paced development of healthcare infrastructure in developing regions are propelling the growth of the 3D scanners market. Implementation of such scanning technologies in the healthcare industry enables professionals to precisely measure patients’ anatomy and deliver accurate results.”
Key Takeaways of 3D Scanners Market Study
- 3D scanners/hardware will continue to hold leading market share over the following decade.
- Among all the services, 3D design and modeling services are expected to expand at the highest CAGR over the coming years.
- Market players continue to capitalize on portable/handheld 3D scanners, while robot-mount 3D scanners would offer potential value-capture opportunities.
- Short range (less than 1m) 3D scanners would capture a prominent revenue share; long range (more than 300.1m) 3D scanners to witness adoption upsurge in the coming years.
- Healthcare and manufacturing industries would remain the key end users of 3D scanners; the latter to show the most worthwhile prospects in the near term.
- North America continues to engage market players; East Asia to offer potential growth avenues.
Increasing Usage of 3D Laser Scanners in Collision Detection to Drive Market
3D scanners are used in collision avoidance as well as in vehicle navigation applications. These scanners come with features such as high accuracy of recorded measurements, making 3D scanners immensely useful for use cases, including reconstruction and collision detection. Furthermore, handheld 3D scanners are utilized to record the interiors of damaged vehicles, allowing internal damages to be recorded, measured, and analysed. As such, 3D scanners tick all the boxes of safety, speed, and flexibility, to offer complete collision detection as well as reduce the impact of traffic flow.
More Valuable Insights on 3D scanners Market
In its latest report, Future Market Insights offers an unbiased analysis of the global 3D scanners market, providing historical data for the period of 2015-2019 and forecast statistics for 2020-2030. To understand the opportunities in the 3D scanners market, the market is segmented on the basis of component (3D scanners/hardware, 3D scanning software, services), type (portable/handheld, desktop-based, fixed-mount, robot-mount), range (short range, medium range, long range), and end user (automotive, aerospace & defense, civil & architecture, healthcare, education, manufacturing, media & entertainment, others), across six major regions.
For additional information, write to the analyst at [email protected]
About Technology Division at Future Market Insights
The technology team at Future Market Insights offers expert analysis, time efficient research, and strategic recommendations with an objective to provide authentic insights and accurate results to help clients worldwide. With a repertoire of over 100+ reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has been analyzing the industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides a brief analysis on key trends including competitive landscape, profit margin, and research development efforts.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Internet Of Everything Market
- Smart Fitness Market
- Mena Digital Transformation Market
- Poland It Software And Service Market
- Global Mobile Application Market
- Global E Tailing Market
- Global Head Mounted Display Market
- Russian It Software And Services Market
- Head Up Display Market
- Global Residential Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Market
- Global Flat Panel Display Market
- Advanced Distribution Management Systems Market
- Wearable Computing Devices Market
- Global Enterprise Asset Management Market
- Metrology Software Market