Automated Cell Culture Systems Market: Applications of Cell Lines in Drug Discovery to Offer Growth Opportunities
As per FMI – an ESOMAR-certified market research firm, the automated cell culture systems market will showcase a CAGR of 8% over the forecast period, 2020-2030.
Automated Cell Culture Systems Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the automated cell cult...
High-throughput screening technology has turned out to be the need of the hour, especially with large number of biological/chemical compounds being tested to target a particular ailment. As such, leveraging automation and robotics for quick testing of biochemical or biological activities is bound to drive the automated cell culture systems market.
Besides, 3D cell cultures, which were cumbersome and costly earlier, have become feasible, owing to advent of spheroids. Also, they imitate tumors better due to hypoxic core and presence of nutrient gradient.
Researchers in the US and Germany have come up with a protocol to grow 3D cultures of generally used cancer cells to facilitate drug screenings. These factors will continue to put North America and Europe at the top pedestal in the automated cell culture systems market.
Further, requirement of cell lines for devising vaccines against COVID-19 infection will augur well for the automated cell culture market in spite of the pandemic-induced economic downturn.
Key Takeaways from Automated Cell Culture Systems Market
- Consumables are expected to reach US$ 11 Bn by 2030
- Academic institutes are expected to take greater interests in research related to cell culture over the forecast period due to increased government funding in developed countries
- North America and Europe collectively accounted for more than 60% of market share in 2019
- Infinite cell line cultures held close to 75% of market share in 2019
"Advancements in technology, coupled with large-scale applications in cell-based drug delivery and drug discovery, are projected to drive the global automated cell culture systems market” - says the FMI analyst.
New Product Launches to Remain Key Strategic Focus of Market Players
Players in automated cell culture systems market are focusing on new product launches for expanding their global footprint and strengthening product portfolio.
For instance –
- In Jun 2020, faCellitate announced launching “BIOFLOAT”, its very first product to improve 3D cell culture.
- In Mar 2020, BioProcess International started implementing single-use miniature bioreactors for supporting intensified cell culture by using functional performance indicators for assessing small-scale model
- Corning Incorporated, in Oct 2019, came up with Corning Elplasia Plates and Matrigel for organoid culture. It was an addition to its 3D cell culture portfolio
- Ori Biotech has started developing an automated way of manufacturing cell and gene therapies
- In May, 2020, Sartorius announced launch of the Incucyte SX5® for live-cell analysis, for live-cell analysis experiments
Automated Cell Culture Systems Market: Competitive Insights
The global automated cell culture systems market is set to expand its scope in the forecast period, stimulated by increasing drug discovery research and diverse applications of cell lines in research purposes. Furthermore, automated cell culture systems are used for experiments in drug discovery research and in cell banking process. In addition, cost effectiveness and rise in alternative methods for traditional cell culture production is augmenting the adoption of automated cell culture systems.
Key market players covered in the market include Thermo Fisher Scientific, Corning Incorporated, Merck KGaA, Lonza, Sartorius AG, Tecan Trading AG, Hamilton Medical AG., Biospherix and Promocell GmbH. Key players integrate their positions through acquisitions, mergers and new product launches.
Want more insights?
The study provides compelling insights on automated cell culture systems market on basis of product type (automated cell culture storage equipment, automated cell culture vessels, bioreactors and consumables), cell culture type (finite cell line cultures, infinite cell line cultures), application (drug development, stem cell research, regenerative medicine and cancer research) and end user (biotech companies, research organizations, academic institutes), and across seven major regions.
About the Healthcare Division at Future Market Insights
Future Market Insights facilitates corporates, government, investors, and associated audiences in the healthcare sector to identify and accentuate vital aspects applicable to product strategy, regulatory landscape, technology evolution, and other crucial issues to achieve sustainable success. Our unique approach to gathering market intelligence equips you in devising innovation-driven trajectories for your business. Know more about our sector coverage here
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Digital Pathology Market
- Healthcare Regulatory Affairs Outsourcing Market
- Cold Plasma Market
- Hdl Cholesterol Kits Market
- Single Dose Radiotherapy Services Market
- General Anesthesia Drugs Market
- Clinical Trials Market
- Electronic Medical Records Market
- Injectable Drug Delivery Market
- Microfluidics Market
- Lab Automation Market
- Lung Cancer Surgery Market
- Veterinary Vaccines Market
- Prescription Delivery Services Market
- Vital Signs Monitoring Devices Market