The global biodegradable tableware market is expected to expand at a CAGR of over 6% through 2029. This growth is primarily driven by the foodservice industry and consumer environmental concerns. The commercial and institutional sectors majorly contribute to the global demand for biodegradable tableware. Convenience and hygiene are two major attributes that make biodegradable tableware an apt choice in catering services, quick-service restaurants (QSRs), and institutions.
Without compromising on quality and functionality, biodegradable tableware made from natural substrates is an eco-friendly choice for customers. Its positive impact on the environment and ease of availability are likely to boost the demand for biodegradable tableware during 2019-2029.
While governments across the world are walking an extra mile to contain the COVID-19 spread and mitigate the epidemiological numbers, economic impacts are also starting to be sensed. Amidst the coronavirus pandemic, a majority of the population is under self-isolation, which has reduced the off-premise consumption of food & beverages. This is impacting the demand for single-serve plates, cups, and other formats used for serving at foodservice establishments.
“Governments are playing a major role in the growth of the biodegradable tableware market by introducing regulatory bans on the usage of single-use plastic. Prominent players are shifting their focus on mergers & acquisitions and enhanced production capacity in order to increase their global reach in the biodegradable tableware market.”
For More Detailed Insights on Biodegradable Tableware Market
Key Takeaways from Biodegradable Tableware Market Study
- As per FMI analysis, ban on single-use plastics will provide an opportunity for the biodegradable tableware market to grow, as products are made of bio-based materials, which pose minimum to no hazardous effects on the environment. Players have shifted their focus towards the manufacturing of biodegradable products in a bid to provide a substitute for plastic products, thus propelling the growth of the biodegradable tableware market.
- FMI has witnessed that, the commercial sector, which includes QSRs and catering, remains at the top in the biodegradable tableware market. Evolving consumption patterns and food habits are likely to hike the demand for biodegradable tableware in this end-use category.
- Cups are anticipated to create an incremental opportunity of US$ 1.3 Bn in the global biodegradable tableware market, and account for a significant market share over the forecast period. This is attributed to their wide application and usage at regular intervals.
- The opportunity of turning waste into biodegradable tableware promotes sustainable development, and provides an opportunity for innovation and growth, which is likely to increase the demand for biodegradable tableware, thereby boosting market value.
- Europe represents nearly a quarter of the global biodegradable tableware market, owing to stringent regulations on plastic in the region. Asia Pacific (APAC) is anticipated to see surging demand for biodegradable tableware over the forecast period.
Biodegradable Tableware Market Landscape
Manufacturers in the global biodegradable tableware market are adopting organic methods such as product innovation to maintain their competitiveness in the market landscape. Players in the biodegradable tableware market such as DOpla S.p.A. are focusing on future investments to equip themselves with the best available technologies to produce tableware and food packaging derived from cellulose pulp, paper, and bio-polymer, as well as reuse products made from traditional plastics.
Some of the players listed in the biodegradable tableware market report are Huhtamaki Group, DUNI AB, Graphic Packaging International, Vegware Ltd., Ecoware Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Genpak LLC, Lollicup USA Inc., Papstar Gmbh, DOpla S.p.A., Goldplast, DART Container LLC, Natural Tableware, Dispo International, Eco-Products Inc., Bio Futura, Solia USA, LolliCup USA inc., and Wasara.
About Biodegradable Tableware Market Report
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global biodegradable tableware market, analysing historical demand of 2014-2018 and forecast statistics for 2019-2029. The study offers growth projections on the biodegradable tableware market based on product (plates, bowls, cups, trays, and cutlery), material (pulp and paper, bioplastics [starch-based, PLA, PHB, and others]), packaging application (food [fresh produce, processed food, ice cream, bakery and confectionary, and others] and beverages [carbonated and non-carbonated]), and end use (commercial [fast-food service restaurants, quick service restaurants, catering, others], institutional, and household, across seven key regions.
For additional information, write to the analyst at [email protected]
About Packaging division of FMI
The Packaging division at FMI provides an in-depth historical analysis and granular projections of the global packaging market. Ranging from packaging materials to designs & formats, FMI has an exhaustive market research database, serving clients with unique offerings and strategic recommendations. With a repository of 750+ reports, the team analyzed the packaging industry comprehensively in 70+ countries. The team evaluates every node of the value chain and provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.