Lactose Market Players Focusing on Meeting Special Dietary Needs of Consumers
The global lactose market is driven by the changing consumer preferences. According to Future Market Insights (FMI), greater scope for application in pharmaceutical and food sectors will pave way for the growth of the market.
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the Lactose market offers glo...
Coupled with this, changing desires of consumers are creating lucrative prospects for expansion. Earlier companies found it simpler pleasing them via brand endorsements and advertisements.
However, greater access to information has rendered consumers sceptical about impulsive buys. Especially with regards to their food choice, there are likelier to read the ingredient list and look for clean label before making final purchase.
The lactose market therefore witnesses higher scope for application. Even in packaged food, supplement, and infant formula, consumers are demonstrating inclination for products containing less sugar and natural ingredients.
Spurred by their changing consumers, market players are increasing focus towards eco-friendly ingredients and packaging. This is expected to augur well for the global lactose market.
Innovative-convenient and viable packaging, fortified-enriched ingredients, vibrant colours, exotic flavours, strong label game are some of the key factors underscored by FMI and that are anticipated to attract the consumer’s attention.
Besides application in human food, lactose is witnessing increasing demand from the animal feed segment due to its various health beneficial properties.
Additionally, the increasing use of lactose in beverage and cosmetics industries will impel growth in the market in the near future. Several companies and behemoths are expanding their portfolio of lactose-based products., which is expected to give impetus to the market over the coming years.
- In July 2018, BASF SE advanced its capabilities in infant nutrition market with launch of 2’- fucosyllactose- a lactose-based company, a human milk oligosaccharide for the infant nutrition product formulations. HMOs are a unique carbohydrates group, naturally found in the breast milk of human with 2’-FL
- In March 2019, Meggle Group announced the launch of lactose-based pharmaceutical excipient at an upcoming CPhI South East Asia expo
The FMI study delves deep into the prevailing dynamics to offer interesting insights into the coconut water market. Some of these are:
- Powder holds a share of 93.7% in the global lactose market as lactose powder has various applications in food, beverages, cosmetics, sports nutrition, and animal feed. Global players are aiming on product launches and product innovations to cater to the rising demand for lactose
- Lactose has diverse applications in the pharmaceuticals segment, which also holds 45.5% of the global market as of 2020 in terms of value
- North America holds the leading share of 19.3% and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% followed by Europe, which has 18.6% share in terms of value. Furthermore, North America and Europe has the highest numbers of lactose manufacturers followed by Asia. Key manufacturers in operating in North America and Europe are strategizing over merger and acquisition for their business expansion in other regions
“The lactose market, mainly is driven by the rising demand for dairy nutrition and nutraceutical ingredients from the food processing industry. Innovations and technological advancements in the market have created impressive prospects for production of various lactose-based food so that consumers are no longer restricted to a few options,” said a lead analyst at FMI
Visible Overseas Impact is Shifting Experience
In the last two decades, the world has seen swift socio-cultural changes because of growing consumerism, globalization, and robust growth of economies.
Not only has customers started traveling and exploring across the world, the rising population of expatriates has led to the influx of western food habits and culture.
As a result of this, HoReCa (hotels, restaurants, and cafes) sector has expanded. Expansion of the foodservice sector created greater scope for application for the market, however, the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak currently is proving to be a major restraint. Lockdown orders imposed to contain the pandemic has resulted in nose-dive demand, which is expected to negatively impact the lactose market.
Who is winning?
As producers seek to reduce the volatility caused by uncertainty in product demand and fluctuating cost, they are targeting at greater control over the product supply chain to assist structural attentiveness.
Additionally, by aiming at shaping an organization which is effectively flexible to flourish in present economy, players are consistently keeping an eye on the larger scale.
Those functional in food & beverage and cosmeceuticals industries are refining supply chain effectiveness, thereby minimizing operational costs to gain more profit in highly competitive industry.
FMI also highlights increasing focus on product launches and collaborations as key players aim at gaining competitive advantage.
- In 2019, Fonterra Co-operative Group (Fonterra Future Dairy) started a joint venture between New Zealand-based Fonterra and Future Consumer, this strategy has entered into the competitive Indian market for milk products with its new Dreamery brand (dairy brand).
- July 2018 – BASF joined a long list of suppliers including Friesland Campina DOMO, Jennewein and DuPont in accelerating the launch of human milk oligosaccharides (HMO) as manufacturers upgrade to large-scale production to meet consumer demands
Get Valuable Insights into Lactose Market
Future Market Insights, in its new report, presents an unbiased analysis of the global lactose market, covering historical demand data and forecast figures for the period between 2020 and 2030. The study reveals persuasive insights into growth witnessed into the market. On the basis of form the market can be segmented into powder and granule. Based on end-use, the market is segmented into food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, animal feed, cosmetics & personal care. Regionally, the market study covers North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia (East & South Asia), Oceania, and Middle East & Africa (MEA).
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Gcc Functional Food Market
- Global Natural Food Colours Market
- Global Stevia Market
- Global Artificial Sweeteners Market
- Global Food Preservatives Market
- Global Fruit Concentrates Puree Market
- Global Forage Seed Market
- Indian Alcohol Market
- Dietary Supplements Market
- Food Additives Market
- Nutritional Yeast Market
- Fish Feed Market
- Food Encapsulation Market
- Agar Market
- Bric Organic Baby Food Market