USB Type C Market Players Hope for Quick Component Standardization: Study
The global demand for USB type C technology continues to rise in 2020 albeit slower than the previous year, owing to the coronavirus outbreak, with the growing demand for smartphones, tablets, and laptops to meet work-from-home and e-learning requirements.
Usb Type C Market
A recent market study published by FMI on the USB Type C market includes global industry a...
According to Future Market Insights, the market is anticipated to reflect very strong growth prospects throughout 2030, growing at 29% CAGR. The FMI report states that the industry will gain from developments associated to the automotive industry in the near future.
FMI analysts have stated that telecommunications industry applications will be a major contributor to revenue growth in the industry in data transfer and power delivery systems. On the other hand, competition from other alternative technologies such as micro-USB is an obstacle for market players.
The USB type C industry is expected to reflect exponential growth throughout the forecast period on the back of component standardization efforts taken by manufacturers in the consumer electronics, and industrial electronics sectors. Also, the impending surge in demand for electric automobiles will also contribute to better market dynamics in the long term.
While the USB type C market is expected to continue soaring, issues in automotive applications in terms of voltage fluctuations and heat dissipation continue to be notable issues for participants in the industry.
The study by FMI covers a comprehensive overview of the industry, discussing key dynamics of the market. Some of the critical takeaways of the report include:
- The USB type C market was valued at 7.9 billion in 2019, with growth in demand marginally impacted during the coronavirus outbreak, with supply chain disruptions.
- Telecommunication industry applications of USB type C products contribute substantially to revenues, with the development and implementation of power delivery and connector technologies.
- Smartphone and tablet applications of USB type C technology is reflecting higher demand than computers, cameras, TVs, and media players. However, charger and adapter applications are likely to reflect faster growth through 2030.
- North America remains a major market, supported by demand for smartphone charging and internet applications. However, East Asia is generating lucrative growth opportunities with investments in production facilities from international players, and growing focus on industrial and automotive electronics.
“Widespread proliferation of consumer electronics and growing application of USB C chipsets in display devices and imaging applications in healthcare supports the growth of the market. Competition from alternative interfacing technologies challenges market players,” said a lead analyst at FMI.
Covid-19 Impact on USB Type C Market
The increasing penetration and use of smartphone, tablet, and laptop devices, and the increased power consumption and data transfer applications in the consumer electronics sector have remained key factors supporting the growth of the USB type C market. However, the coronavirus pandemic is estimated to marginally impact the market in the short term.
The industry is expected to face issues in terms of component and raw material supplies owing to lockdown restrictions imposed by governments around the world.
Also, the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the automotive industry could restrain market growth.
However, the shift towards work from home business models and the growing popularity of remote learning options are anticipated to drive up application and demand for USB type C products.
Who is Winning?
In its report, Future Market Insights has provided an in-depth analysis of the strategies being employed by manufacturers in the USB Type C market. Top players are largely focusing on investments towards product and technology research and innovations in addition to capacity expansions in a bid to keep up with massive international demand.
Some of the leading players in the industry include Cypress Semiconductor, Anixter International, STMicroelectronics, NXP Semiconductors, Texas Instruments, Belkin International Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., Silicon Laboratories, ON Semiconductors, Hirose Electric Group, and Analogix Semiconductor Inc. among others.
Future Market Insights, has provided an exhaustive analysis of the global USB Type C market, discussing data in terms of historic demand and forecast data for the years between 2020 and 2030. The market study also provides comprehensive assessment of product pricing with different market dynamics, life cycle reports and technology innovations that find roles in the development and production of USB type C products and adoption in different industries.
About Technology Division at Future Market Insights
The technology team at Future Market Insights offers expert analysis, time efficient research, and strategic recommendations with an objective to provide authentic insights and accurate results to help clients worldwide. With a repertoire of over 100+ reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has been analyzing the industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides a brief analysis on key trends including competitive landscape, profit margin, and research development efforts.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Internet Of Everything Market
- Smart Fitness Market
- Mena Digital Transformation Market
- Poland It Software And Service Market
- Global Mobile Application Market
- Global E Tailing Market
- Global Head Mounted Display Market
- Russian It Software And Services Market
- Head Up Display Market
- Marine Communication Market
- Global Residential Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Market
- Global Flat Panel Display Market
- Advanced Distribution Management Systems Market
- Wearable Computing Devices Market
- Global Enterprise Asset Management Market