Automotive steering column is a linkage part operating between steering wheel and steering gear. The main function of the automotive steering column is to transmit steering force and steering torque input from steering wheel to steering gear.
Automotive steering column assembly also includes anti-theft locking device, ignition key, wiper and signal switches and sensors and electrical harness of these devices, trim covers and steering angle sensor.
In addition, power assisted steering system provides necessary assisting torque from electric motors and gears system on it, this system can be integrated to electronic stability program (ESP) with steering angle sensor.
Automotive steering column primarily function is intended for connecting the steering wheel to the steering mechanism and secondary functions includes to perform the energy dissipation management in the event of a frontal collision, to provide mounting for: the multi-function switch, column lock, column wiring, column shroud, transmission gear selector, gauges, and offer adjustment to suit driver preference
Automotive steering column are being developed to achieve advanced functionalities which cannot be attained by conventional means. Advanced automotive steering columns are being employed to reduce the impact on the passenger vehicle in case of accident.
Automotive Steering Column Market: Dynamics
The ongoing rate of new vehicle unit production will create a direct growth proportion of automotive steering column market. The demand for automotive steering column in automotive industry is relatively high with technological advancements in quality of the automotive steering columns. The development and innovation of more cost effective automotive steering columns will enable manufactuers to expend consumer base as well as geographical footprint, especially into developing economies.
The important restraints of automotive steering column are relatively long shelf life resulting in slow sales movement of the product where the aftermarket sales will have a moderate to decent record in conventional fuel driven vehicles. Moreover, shift to electric power steering systems is eventually expected in phase out of the conventional / manual based automotive steering column.
The growth of electric vehicles is expected to create significant demand of automotive steering columns in future.
COVDI-19 crisis impact
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic will act as a hindrance to manufacturing industry across all end use sectors, including the automotive industry which has been severely hit and retarded rate of vehicle production in the first half of the fiscal.
However, a marginal demand growth is expected to occur in the subsequent 3-4 quarters which is expected to revive the industry output performance growth imbibing the growth of automotive steering column market as well.
Automotive Steering Column Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific countries like china, Indian, Japan have been a prominent regional markets with the high number of automotive producers in the region, which had contributed to a significant value of the global automotive steering column market.
As per the forthcoming, the scenario is likely to change with North American countries like U.S.A and Canada is likely to drive the demand for the automotive steering column market with the increase in demand for electric vehicles.
In Europe increased investments on electric vehicles has created the demand for expansion of manufacturing plants. In countries like Germany, U.K, Russia, France, Italy and Spain has augmented demand from original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) and aftermarket sales for automotive steering columns in the region.
Latin America automotive steering column market is expected to record a decent growth over the foreseen year owing to increasing investments in automotive industry. Middle East & Africa automotive steering column market is likely to witness a sound growth as compared to other with the regional countries.
South Africa and GCC countries could observe a high growth rate due to the increased aftermarket sales.
Automotive Steering Column Market: Market Participants
List of some of the prominent market participants in Automotive Steering Column market are:
- Kongsberg Automotive
- Continental AG
- TRW Automotive
- Schaeffler, Germany
- JTEKET Corporation
- Denso Corporation
- Nexteer Automotive
- Coram Group
The research report on Automotive Steering Column market presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contain thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data.
The Automotive Steering Column market report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report on Automotive Steering Column market provides analysis and information according to market segments such as of product type, by installation and by material and by application.
The Automotive Steering Column market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- South Asia (India, ASEAN, Rest of South Asia)
- East Asia (China , Japan, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Northern Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Oceania ( Australia, New Zealand)
The Automotive Steering Column market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The Automotive Steering Column market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Automotive Steering Column market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Automotive Steering Column market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Automotive Steering Column market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Automotive Steering Column market performance
- Must-have information for Automotive Steering Column market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Automotive Steering Column Market: Segmentation
The Automotive Steering Column market can be segmented on the basis of vehicle type, by pivot alignment, steering system, column, and by sales channel.
- Passenger Cars
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
Pivot Alignment Type:
- Lower Pivot Tilt Steering Column
- Lower pivot Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
- Upper pivot Tilt Steering Column
- Upper Pivot Tilt & Telescope Steering Column
Steering System Type:
- Manual Rack And Pinion Steering System
- Manual Worm & Roller Steering System
- Manual Recirculating Ball & Nut Steering System
- Hydraulic Power Steering System
- Electric Power Steering System
- Power Adjustable Steering Columns
- Power one touch Adjustability Columns
- Touch Control Electronic Transmission Shifter Steering Column
- Active-Energy Absorbing Steering Columns
- Non-Adjustable Steering Columns
- Rake Adjustable Steering Columns
- Tilt-Adjustable Steering Columns
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.