This Dishwasher market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dishwasher market.
Dishwasher sales will continue to be concentrated in North America and Western Europe, with demand in emerging markets failing to witness an uptick. High product maturity in developed regions can pose challenges to new installations, however, availability of technologically advanced dishwashers is influencing consumers to think about a replacement. Use of manual labour or maids to do household chores has been a longstanding impediment to adoption in developing countries; however, increasing influence of western lifestyle can boost sales in urban areas. Overall growth of the dishwasher market will also be impacted by ‘eating out’ trend, which is more pronounced in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
APEJ Dishwasher Market Anticipated to Grow
Although dishwasher has been a revolutionising product from consumer appliance industry, it is still considered a luxury item in most of the developing countries.The market research however estimates that growing middle-class populations in developing countries can play a key role in ramping up adoption of dishwashers in the near future. While U.S., Canada, and Europe will remain the leading markets, sales will remain sluggish on account of long replacement cycles. Emerging economies, where a large consumer base is yet to buy their first dishwasher, will emerge as a lucrative market for manufacturers
In-built Dishwashers Will Continue to Witness Higher Demand than Free-standing Dishwashers
Connected homes are influencing buying decisions of consumers, with a vast majority opting for in-built dishwashers as they take up lesser space and can be integrated within a pre-planned kitchen design.
Key Drivers Fuelling Market Growth
Consumers have been looking for automated home appliances to support their busy lifestyles. Dishwasher is among the most popular time-saving appliances across the globe.
Connected home appliances
Connected homes is the future of home design, which offers pre-designed spaces for connected appliances, including dishwashers.
Rising disposable income
This has been a key macroeconomic trend in emerging economies. India and China have been recording notably high GDPs since 2015, which is allowing middle class populations to spend more on luxury.
Restraints to Wider Adoption of Dishwasher
Basic economic dishwasher models are available in the range of US$ 600-US$ 1000.
Longer replacement cycles
A typical dishwasher can be expected to work efficiently for seven to 12 years. The average working expectancy can be considered 10 years.
Ongoing and Prospective Market Trends
- Delivering better dishwashing mechanics
- Development of better detergents
- Manufacturing of noise-cancelling machines
- Incorporation of enhanced sensors and features for connecting to smartphones for better monitoring of dishwasher cycles
- Integrated mobile apps with features such as ‘push’ or ‘alert notifications’ about dishwasher cycles
- Remote locking features for better security
- Detergent level monitors embedding automatic detergent-ordering from reliable brands
Key Players in Global Dishwasher Market
GE, Bosch, Whirlpool, Electrolux, KitchenAid, Maytag, LG, Amana, Arcelik, and Haier are the key players in market and each of them has a host of flagship brands with an extensive portfolio. While these brands are currently leading the market, Maytag and KitchenAid are enjoying higher popularity compared to others.
Investment in R&D to develop innovative, advanced, and user-friendly dishwashers can help manufacturers in gaining a competitive edge in the global dishwasher market. According to the research report, designing region-specific or consumer-specific dishwashers in emerging markets can be a strategic move to appeal to the target audience.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dishwasher Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Dishwasher Market: Segmentation
FMI’s research report on the global dishwasher market offers a 10-year forecast, segmenting the market on the basis of application, product, and distribution channel.
On the basis of application, key segments are
Key product type segments include,
By distribution channel, the report offers forecast and analysis on,
- Traditional stores
- Specialist stores
- Mono-brand stores
- Modern stores
- Online stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Dishwasher Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Dishwasher Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Dishwasher Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Dishwasher Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.