This Global Expandable Polystyrene market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Expandable Polystyrene market.
Expandable polystyrene (EPS) is a thermoplastic resin that contains an expanding agent. It is used in various applications ranging from food packaging to electrical coatings and medical supplies. It is environment-friendly as it does not involve any halogen during its production process. The global expandable polystyrene market is growing at an exponential rate as it caters to the demand of various industry verticals through sustainable development. Expandable polystyrene has an added advantage over moulded pulp. Moulded pulp, though recyclable, requires a certain amount of natural gas in the drying process, and it naturally weighs more, resulting into increased packaging and transportation cost. On the other hand, EPS meets most of the sustainable packaging criteria. It emits less greenhouse gases when compared to moulded pulp. Taking these benefits into account, governments as well as companies are shifting the packaging market towards the expandable polystyrene segment. The global expandable polystyrene market had witnessed 1.5X times growth in between 2000 and 2010.
Building & construction, and packaging are the two important end-use segment market for expandable polystyrene. Together, they contribute 95% market share of the global expandable polystyrene market. The rise in the demand for processed foods is increasing the expandable polystyrene demands in the food & beverages industry. In terms of revenue, this industry accounts for the largest market share in the global expandable polystyrene market. The next potential segment is building & construction. With major market economies such as China, India and GCC witnessing a major surge in infrastructure investment, the expandable polystyrene market is set to grow at an accelerated pace. Expandable polystyrene has been the prime choice for the construction of green buildings. It enhances the durability of buildings, and finds its application in insulating closed cavity walls and floor insulation. These major economies will see a surge in infrastructure investment in the coming decades. It is because of this added advantage that market is set to proliferate at an exponential rate. Another profitable segment is the electronics domain. Capacitors and electronic components are the main portions of electronics application segment that will push the expandable polystyrene market vertically upward at a CAGR of 4.5% between 2014 and 2020. Refrigerators, microwaves, electrical coatings are the major application for EPS in the electronics segment.
Geographically, the APAC market stands to be the global leader in production and consumption in the EPS market. Almost half of the total global production happens in the APAC region, and 45% of it is consumed in global emerging economies such as India and China. In the APAC region, China will be the most preferred destination primarily due to the rising demand of packaging in the food & beverages, and electronics industry. China and India are the global leaders in maritime trade. This will boost the packaging industry. China alone accounts for 37% of the global EPS market in terms of volume. As China has a strong hold in the electronics segment and is a major exporter of electronic devices, the EPS market is set to flourish in China. India, along with Malaysia and Philippines, will be the next major market for EPS primarily due to heavy infrastructure investment across various industry verticals. Europe followed by Latin America and North America are the other potential markets for EPS. North America has reached its saturation point in global EPS market and therefore its market growth will be stagnant in coming few years. While Europe will witness a surge in the market due to the rising demand of pharmaceutical industries, Latin America will be a preferred destination mainly due to infrastructure investment.
BASF SE, Nova Chemicals Corporation, Synthos S.A, Owens Corning, and INEOS Styrenics are some of the leading manufacturers of EPS.
The global EPS market is set to grow at a moderate CAGR in the coming years. China, Europe, Brazil and India will be the major preferred destinations for the EPS market. Low weight, durability, moisture resistance, thermal efficiency, shock absorption, versatility and ease of use are some characteristics of EPS which are tempting various industry verticals to shift base to EPS. Though the EPS market is promising, major restraining factors are the availability of high performance substitutes including polypropylene and polyethylene.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Expandable Polystyrene Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Expandable Polystyrene Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Expandable Polystyrene Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Expandable Polystyrene Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Expandable Polystyrene Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Expandable Polystyrene Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.