This Expanded Polystyrene market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Expanded Polystyrene market.
Expanded polystyrene is a lightweight cellular plastic having special properties due to its structure which is made of pre-expanded polystyrene beads. The expanded polystyrene foam contains only 5% plastic rest is air. Polystyrene a solid thermoplastic is melted at high temperature to re-solidify for desired application, the expanded polystyrene is forty-five times the volume of the original granule of polystyrene. Expanded polystyrene being extremely light weight and rigid shows an excellent set of properties such as good dampening properties and good thermal insulation and variety of end use application such as surfboards, packaging and building material. Expanded polystyrene closed-cell structure provides low vapor permanence and minimal water absorption. Molded EPS is subjected to numerous tests such as density, strength, flammability and porosity. Expanded polystyrene is not biodegradable but is the chemical inert that makes it stable fill material and provides safe and sanitary landfill reclamation. The insulation products of expanded polystyrene significantly reduce the energy requirement for cooling and heating in any structure when applied. Expanded polystyrene saves cost and give a versatile choice of application and lowers the structures of carbon footprint.
Global Expanded Polystyrene Market: Dynamics
Expanded polystyrene is recyclable, inert non-toxic to the environment as it does not contains CFC’s or HCFCs in the manufacturing process and doesn’t hinder to the ozone layer, is the major potential factor for the growth of expanded polystyrene market. Ability to provide best packaging solution to keep the product safe and shock absorbent from risk in transport and handling and providing total protection for industrial product is the key factor driving the expanded polystyrene market. Moreover, food packaging safety through expanded polystyrene is another potential factor for the growth of expanded polystyrene market. Owing to moisture resisting properties increasing the shelf life of the perishable items such as seafood, vegetables, and fruits. Expanded polystyrene doesn’t result in chemical reaction as it inert in nature thus it does not appeal to any pest. Owing to its durability, the lightweight as well strength it is used as an insulation panel system for roofs, walls, floors in building and facades and results in a drastic reduction in the emission of polluting gasses such as SO² and CO² is another potential factor for the growth of expanded polystyrene market. Owing to its compression resistant which makes expanded polystyrene ideal for stacking and packaging of good also it is shock absorbent properties application makes it effective for sports helmet and children’s car seat is another potential factor for the growth of polystyrene market. Pharmaceutical application to store products for safety and away from exposure to general environment, are factors supports to growth of expanded polystyrene market.
Global Expanded Polystyrene Market: Region Wise Outlook
The global expanded polystyrene market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). APEJ holds a relatively higher share of the global expanded polystyrene market. This is due to packaging industry which is developed and has great demand in the region. Moreover major player promotes recyclability of expanded polystyrene molded products promoting little part of municipal soil waste which is close to 0.1%. Followed by APEJ is North America, this is due to high demand in packaging for consumer goods, electronics, and electrical industries. Thus APEJ and North America is estimated to grow at healthy CAGR in the forecast period of global expanded polystyrene market. Europe is estimated to grow at high CAGR in the forecast period of global expanded polystyrene, owing to the demand for thermal insulation for flooring and roofing to reduce the in-house temperature and carbon footprints, will boost the expanded polystyrene market.
Global Expanded Polystyrene Market: Prominent Player
Few of the prominent players in expanded polystyrene market are as follows
- Insulation Corporation of America
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Plasti-Fab Ltd.
- Dabo Precision Co., Ltd.
- Kaneka Corporation
- Atlas EPS.
- BASF SE
- Nantong Chaoda Machinery and Technology Co., Ltd
- Sunghoon Tech Co., Ltd
- British Plastic Federation
- ACH FOAM Technology
- FORTE EPS Solution Inc.
- KNAUF Industries
The global woodworking machines market is highly fragmented due to the presence of large number of regional and global players. Regional players choose quality service and competitive pricing as their winning strategy over global players. In response to this, global players are largely involved in merger & acquisition and partnership activities in order to enhance their profitability margin and market share.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and Industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Expanded Polystyrene Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Expanded Polystyrene Market: Segmentation
Based on application: Expanded polystyrene market can be segmented into
- Other Application (slider, surfboards, infant car seat, houses, air condition units)
Based on material: Expanded polystyrene market can be segmented into
- Raw beads
- Expanded beads
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Expanded Polystyrene Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Expanded Polystyrene Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Expanded Polystyrene Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Expanded Polystyrene Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.