Massive MIMO refers to a Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) technology for multiple users. Massive MIMO technology provides good service consistently to wireless terminals located in high mobility environments. The primary concept of MIMO technology involves equipping base stations with arrays of antennae that are utilized to serve multiple terminals simultaneously in same time and frequency resource. The multitude of antennae used in the concept gives the technology its name – massive MIMO.
Massive MIMO: Market Dynamics
Massive MIMO is a compelling sub-6 Gigahertz wireless access technique for 5G technology deployment. Since the inception of massive MIMO technology as a wild academic concept, massive MIMO has evolved into one of the most attractive research and development topics in the wireless networking and communications domain. Advancements in 5G standardization are enabling massive MIMO technology find new use cases, thus driving the global market.
Time Division Duplex (TDD) enhances customer experience and minimizes operator’s cost per bit with high data rates and increasing capacities for high definition voice and data. High traction gained by Long Term Evolution (LTE) Advanced technology is another factor boosting the growth of global massive MIMO market. LTE Advanced technology resolves increasing issues pertaining to bandwidths, which take place due to high presence of users operating on single carrier service.
Lack of standardizations in allocation of spectrum is one of the key factors challenging the growth of global massive MIMO market. Standardizing allocation of spectrum is crucial for development of massive MIMO architecture across the globe. This factor tends to have a great impact on economies of scale and provides clarity to vendors with respect to product development.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak on Massive MIMO Market
Rising infections across the globe are forcing national governments to declare nationwide lockdowns. These lockdowns are restricting the large scale deployment of 5G technology on global level. Deployment of 5G technology in key industry verticals, like Automotive, Transportation and Logistics, was estimated to boost the adoption of massive MIMO solutions and services.
Lockdowns legislated by national governments to combat the spread of infections has restricted 5G deployment. Government and public sector and healthcare industry verticals are estimated to record a spike in adoption rates. However, the overall growth rate is estimated to carry on undeterred with consistent adoption of 4G LTE.
Massive MIMO Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key vendors in the global massive MIMO market are
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- ZTE Corporation
- China Mobile Limited
- Deutsche Telekom AG
Massive MIMO Market: Regional overview
Currently, the massive MIMO market in North America is leading on the global level. The dominance may be owed to early adoption of networking technologies in the region. With advancements in automotive 5G technology, massive MIMO markets in Southeast Asia Pacific region and Europe are projected to record strong growth rates over the forecast period. Dominant as well as emerging economies of U.S., U.K., Germany, India and Oceania are estimated to offer highly lucrative opportunities in terms of revenue generation from massive MIMO solution and service deployments.
The Massive MIMO market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Massive MIMO Market Segments
- Massive MIMO Market Dynamics
- Massive MIMO Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition and Companies Involved in the Market
- Technology Landscape
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, South Korea, Japan)
- South Asia & Pacific (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia & Pacific)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, South Africa, Res of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent Massive MIMO market
- Changing Massive MIMO market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of Massive MIMOMarket
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Massive MIMO Market: Segmentation
The massive MIMO market can been segmented on the basis of technology, spectrum and antennae.
- LTE Advanced Pro
- LTE Advanced
- Frequency Division Duplex (FDD)
- Time Division Duplex (TDD)
- 16T16R and 32T32R
- 128T128R and Above
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.