This Mercury market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mercury market.
Mercury, also known as quicksilver, is the only commonly available liquid metal at room temperature. Mercury is silver white and heavy metal with poor heat conductivity and fair electric conductivity. Mercury is extracted from various mineral sources present in the earth’s crust; cinnabar is the widely used source of mercury. Cinnabar is a red color rock containing mercury sulfide, mercury is extracted from cinnabar rock by heating and converting the mercury to vapors and then condensing the vapors to form mercury. Recycled mercury is among the other major sources of mercury.
Mercury’s rate of thermal expansion is constant at a wide range of temperature; therefore, mercury is widely used in thermometers. Owing to its high density, mercury is also used in manometers and barometers. Major salts of mercury include mercuric chloride, mercury fulminate and mercuric sulfide among others. The salts of mercury are used in the production of rat poison, disinfectants, insecticides, etc. Amalgams are alloys of mercury with other metals such as silver, gold, etc. are used for dental fillings. Major end user industries for mercury include healthcare, pharmaceuticals, electronics and in the production of several chemical and metals.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Health care and pharmaceutical are the most dominant end user segment for mercury and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. High growth in pharmaceutical and health care industry across the globe is among major factors driving demand for mercury. Moreover increasing demand for mercury for production electric equipments such as switches is also anticipated to be among major growth drivers for the market. The environmental and health hazards associated with mercury have been restraining mercury market growth. Increasing research and development to increase application scope of mercury is expected to offer huge growth opportunity in the market.
Asia Pacific dominates the global mercury market and the trend is anticipated to continue for a foreseeable future. Increasing industrial investment and high growth in several end user segments in the emerging economies of India and China is among major factors driving demand for mercury in Asia Pacific. There has been increase in intervention from regulatory bodies, and growth in stringent regulations to regulate the use of mercury, mainly in North America and Europe. Owing to which, demand for mercury is anticipated to grow at a sluggish rate in North America and Europe.
Some manufacturers in the mercury market include Bethlehem Apparatus Co., Inc, Acton Technologies, Inc., D.F. Goldsmith Chemical & Metal Corp and NOAH Technologies Corporation among several others
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mercury Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Mercury Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Mercury Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Mercury Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Mercury Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.