This Montan Wax market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Montan Wax market.
Montan wax is a type of wax containing a long chain of a fatty acid and an alcohol. Montan wax finds use in high-performance applications owing to its excellent properties. For instance, the montan wax possesses fine lubrication property which is why it is extremely useful for plastic industry. Montan wax when used as an internal lubricant, improves flow-ability of polymers and also lowers the demolding force on removal. Besides, montan wax also acts as nucleating agents in polymers in order to reduce the cycle time. The molecular structure of montan wax exhibits low volatility and good thermal stability. The use of montan wax improves the mechanical properties of polymers. The montanic acid ester, a generic name for montan wax is also used as a protective layer on fruits. The fresh fruits are surface treated with the montanic acid ester in order to reduce the loss of water from fruits. The montan wax is non-toxic and can be used as a substitute to the carnauba wax. In the paper industry, montan wax is considered to be an important ingredient owing to its absorbent and colour solubility properties. Also, montan wax finds application in electrical and electronics industry, where it is used as a coating material for wires and cables. The low electric conductivity coupled with the excellent insulating property of the molten wax, makes it useful in electrical and electronics industry.
Global Montan Wax Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global montan wax market is primarily driven by the growth in the end-use industry. The excellent physiochemical properties of the montan wax and available at cheap cost when compared to other waxes such as, carnauba wax, beeswax etc. further strengthens the consumption of montan wax. According to FDA, the montan wax is considered to be suitable and safe as a lubricant in the production of plastic food containers. In food application, montan wax helps in maintaining the freshness of the fruits. The growing demand from fruit vendors, drives the global montan wax market. Demand from an industrial point of interest is intense as montan wax meets the technical requirements. The demand for processing of engineering plastics where montan wax serves as an excellent lubricant and effectively reduces the cycle time, is one of the major driving force for global montan wax market. Some of the important advantages of montan wax which generates demand and helps in driving the market are the improvement in the mould release and flow properties, limited or no product loss, improvement in the dispersion of matrix and end product properties.
Global Montan Wax Market: Region wise Outlook
The global montan wax market is divided into seven regions, namely North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). The montan wax in Western Europe market is matured and stable with the presence established players such as ROMONTA GmbH, VÖLPKER SPEZIALPRODUKTE GMBH etc. In European countries, the montan wax is widely used in various applications such as cosmetics, dyes, polishes, mould releasing agents etc., where the dark coloured crude montan wax is bleached giving light colour which increases the application area. The business acquisitions in the European market is prominent where the players are trying to consolidate the market. For instance, in 2015, the Völpker Spezialprodukte GmbH, one of the prominent and oldest company in montan wax production acquired the montan wax business of BASF SE with an objective to strengthen its market position in Europe market. North America montan wax market is expected to grow at healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the lignite production as well as consumption in the region. The montan wax market in APEJ is majorly dominated by the countries such as China and India owing to the robust presence of end use industries.
Global Montan Wax Market: Key Players
Some of the prominent players identified in the global montan wax market include:
- ROMONTA GmbH
- VÖLPKER SPEZIALPRODUKTE GMBH
- Calwax Corporation
- Paramelt B.V.
- Clariant Corporation
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Montan Wax Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Montan Wax Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, montan wax market can be segmented as follows:-
- Crude Montan Wax
- Refined/Bleached Montan Wax
On the basis of function, montan wax market can be segmented as follows:-
- Processing Agent
- Coating Agent
On the basis of application, montan wax market can be segmented as follows:-
On the basis of end-use, montan wax market can be segmented as follows:-
- Paper & Pulp
- Electrical and Electronics
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Montan Wax Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Montan Wax Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Montan Wax Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Montan Wax Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.