The report covers comprehensive information about rail gangways market trends, volume (units) and value (US$ Mn) projections, market dynamics, competition analysis and recent developments in the global market for the study period 2018 to 2028.
The global Rail Gangways market is expected to reach a value of US$ 634.0 Mn by the end of the forecast period while registering a CAGR of 4.9% for the period between 2018 and 2028.
Factors influencing rail gangways market growth
Railways are an integral part of the public transportation systems across the globe and will play a crucial role in the years to come owing to increasing passenger density, changing travelling mediums and growing urbanization across the globe. Therefore, sprawling railway infrastructure is projected to drive the global rail gangways market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, supportive government schemes for the development of high speed train infrastructure, smart railways and inclusion of digitalization and transpportation predictive analytics in trams, metro and high speed trains are the other important factors expected to give a boost to the global rail gangways market during the forecast period.
The railway ministry is also focused on enhancing the safety of passengers and trains. Therefore, manufacturers are installing gangways doors between rail gangways to block the path of fire through the automatic sliding mechanism in case of an accident.
Two piece gangways segment is anticipated to dominate during the forecast period
Two piece gangways systems are generally used where passenger density is high, such as in Europe, North America, China and others. In Japan, India and other countries, single piece gangways are generally used. Thus, rising passenger density in respective regions or countries is expected to provide bilateral support to the global rail gangways market during the forecast period.
The value share of the two piece rail gangways segment is projected to be 3.5X the value share of single piece gangways segment over the forecast period. In terms of incremental $ opportunity, the two piece rail gangways segment is projected to create 2.7X the opportunity created by single piece rail gangways segment over the slated time period.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Sprawling high speed rail network and expanding fleet of metro trains are the two main factors supporting the growth of the global rail gangways market
These days, high speed rail transportation has become a need for the middle-class population. To cater to this demand, governments are introducing schemes for improving connectivity between cities. This is projected to ramp up the rail gangways market across the globe. Moreover, large scale investments are being made to improve the rail sector in China. These investments are expected to push the growth of the global rail gangways market over the forecast period.
By train type, passenger train segment is projected to dominate while growing at a CAGR of 4.2% during the slated time period. The special train segment, on the other hand, is expected to hold minor share. However, in terms of year-over-year growth, the special train segment is anticipated to grow at a significant growth rate during the forecast period.
Key developments in the rail gangways market
Manufacturers of Rail Gangways are focusing on enhancing rail gangway’s quality as well as ease of handling
- In June 2018, Hubner GmbH & Co. KG collaborated with the University of Kassel to work together in the area of high-frequency and microwave technology. The main aim of this cooperation is to strengthen Kassel as a location for both research and business
- In June 2016, Dellner Couplers AB started a joint venture with Qingdao Victall Railway Co., Ltd., to combine the company’s gangway expertise with sales and production activities of train interior, etc.
Rail gangways market structure
The global Rail Gangways market is significantly consolidated due to presence of leading players.
Tier-1 players in the global rail gangways market are projected to generate more than US$ 50 Mn in revenue through the sales of rail gangways across the globe. Tier-2 players in the global rail gangways market are expected to account for 25% to 35% share.
Some of the prominent players covered in this rail gangways market include Hubner GmbH & Co. KG, Narita Mfg. Ltd., Airflow Equipments (India) Pvt. Limited, Dellner Couplers AB, Schliess- und Sicherungssysteme GmbH, Hutchinson, Chongqing Hengtai Electromechanical Equipment Co., Ltd., ATG AUTOTECHNIK GmbH and Bellow and Bus (Pty) Ltd.
Key questions answered in the report
- How has the Rail Gangways market evolved over the past four years?
- What shape is the Rail Gangways market expected to take in terms of volume and value during the study period?
- What are some of the prevailing market dynamics in the Rail Gangways market?
- What are the competition developments and trends in the Rail Gangways market?
- What are some of the underlying macro-economic and industry factors impacting the growth of the Rail Gangways market?
- What are the important challenges, opportunities and improvement factors for Rail Gangways market players?
- What are the important market positioning and key strategies of key manufacturers as per the Rail Gangways market taxonomy?
- How is the competition structured at present? How has it evolved in the Rail Gangways market over the past few years?
Rail Gangways Market: Segmentation
- Single Piece Rail Gangways
- Two Piece Rail Gangways
- Steel Rail Gangways
- Aluminium Rail Gangways
- Alloys Rail Gangways
- Composites Rail Gangways
- Passenger train
- Metro/Subway train
- High speed train
- Special train
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- South East Asia and Pacific
- Middle East and Africa