This Silicon Nitride market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Silicon Nitride market.
Silicon Nitride Market: Medical Devices Application to Gain Traction
Silicon Nitride (Si3N4), a non-oxide advanced ceramic material characterized primarily by hardness, toughness, high strength, excellent thermal and chemical stability. Silicon nitride possess high temperature strength and excellent thermal shock resistance which makes it ideal for use in gas turbines and automotive engines. Silicon Nitride is mainly used for glow plugs, turbocharger rotors and hot plugs in diesel engines. Silicon nitride also possesses outstanding wear resistance and good electric conductivity.
Increasing environmental concerns and emission regulations for light duty as well as heavy duty vehicles will assist the demand for turbochargers and in turn will push the demand for silicon nitride for the production of turbocharger rotors.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Silicon Nitride Market: Dynamics
Sintered silicon nitride is the most suitable material for manufacturing of turbocharger rotor owing to its good mechanical strength at high temperature and light weight. Manufacturers are substituting metal rotor by sintered silicon nitride, resulting in 50% reduction of inertia moment and also improvement of engine response. Thus, consumption of silicon nitride is anticipated to grow at significant pace over the near future. Further, increasing demand for engine downsizing for the optimum vehicle performance is assisting the sales of the turbochargers and in turn driving the growth of global silicon nitride market.
Availability of alternative ceramic materials such as alumina, steatite, zirconia, silicon carbide, etc. is found to be one of the key factor restraining the growth of silicon nitride market over the forecast years. Silicon nitride is difficult to produce as a bulk material as it cannot be heated over high temperature owing to its association to silicon and nitrogen.
Key manufacturers involved in the production of silicon nitride are found to be involved in the long term distribution agreement for the product with end-users across the globe For instance, in the recent past Amedica Corporation has announced the partnership with Shandong Weigao Orthopaedic Device Company Limited (medical device company based in China). Thus, found to be one of the key trends identified in the global silicon nitride market.
Global Silicon Nitride Market: Regional Outlook
Considering regions, globally the silicon nitride market is expected to be led by China, owing to the presence of various end-use industries such as electronics, automotive, medical and healthcare, aerospace, etc. Asia-Pacific spearheaded by China is anticipated to be the key region in the global silicon nitride market throughout the forecast years. Asia-Pacific in the market is expected to be followed by Europe and North America region in the global silicon nitride market. Latin America, spearheaded by Brazil is expected to be grow at moderate pace in the global silicon nitride market over the near future. Middle East & Africa in the global silicon nitride market is anticipated to account for small share and is expected to grow at slow pace over the near future.
Global Silicon Nitride Market: Market Participants
Some of the key players involved in the global Silicon Nitride market include KYOCERA Corproation, CeramTec, UBE INDUSTRIES, LTD., Dynamic-Ceramic Limited, TOSHIBA MATERIALS CO., LTD., Amedica Corporation, CoorsTek Inc., Vesta Ceramics, Denka Company Limited, Panadyne, Reade International Corp., Yantai Tomley Hi-Tech Ind. & Tra. Co., Ltd., and others.
The global silicon nitride market is expected to be one of the most consolidated in nature, owing to the presence of small number of players in the manufacturing of silicon nitride.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the silicon nitride market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated silicon nitride market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to silicon nitride market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Silicon Nitride Market Segments
- Silicon Nitride Market Dynamics
- Silicon Nitride Market Size
- Silicon Nitride Supply & Demand
- Silicon Nitride Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Silicon Nitride Competition & Companies involved
- Silicon Nitride Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on silicon nitride market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Silicon Nitride Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Silicon Nitride Market: Segmentation
The global Silicon Nitride market can be segmented on the basis of type, grade, application and end-use industry
Based on the type, the global silicon nitride market can be segmented into
- Reaction-Bonded Silicon Nitride
- Sintered Reaction-Bonded Silicon Nitride
- Hot Pressed Silicon Nitride
- Pressureless Sintered Silicon Nitride
Based on the grade, the global silicon nitride market can be segmented into
- Standard Grade
- High Purity Grade
Based on the application, the global silicon nitride market can be segmented into
- Reciprocating Engine Components
- Metal working tools
- Electronic Circuit Manufacturing
- Medical Devices
Based on the end-use industry, the global silicon nitride market can be segmented into
- Electronics and Semiconductor
- Medical and Healthcare
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected silicon nitride market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on silicon nitride market performance
- Must-have information for silicon nitride market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Silicon Nitride Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Silicon Nitride Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Silicon Nitride Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Silicon Nitride Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.