This Silicon Oil market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Silicon Oil market.
Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) is a silicon-based organic polymer, which is commonly known as silicon oil. Silicon oil is a group of polymeric and monomeric compounds that constitutes of silicon-oxygen bonds named organosiloxane. Because of the viscous nature and water repellant characteristic, it is termed as silicon oil. Silicon oil is transparent, odorless, and thermally stable in nature. It also exhibits properties such as hydrophobicity, non-flammability, and physiological inertness. Silicon oil is used as a release agent, anti-foam agent, mechanical fluid, and lubricant among others. It is widely used in personal care applications, beauty care products, mechanical applications, and in a lot more. High molecular PDMS with amino alkyl copolymers are used to make hair conditioning products. Silicon oil is also used to make skin care products such as sunscreen creams, facial cleansers, and lip glosses & lipsticks due to its glossy, smooth, and hydrophobic nature. Owing to their high viscosity and eco-friendly nature, it is also used as a smoothing and softening agent for fabrics. Thus, silicon oil finds its application in finishing process in textile industry.
Global Silicon Oil Market: Market Dynamics
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
However, high manufacturing cost of silicon oil is one of the challenges for the growth of global silicon oil market over the forecast period. Furthermore, use of substitutes (such as bio-based oil) in hair and beauty products can also hamper the growth of silicon oil market over the forecast period.
Global Silicon Oil Market: Segmentation
Global Silicon Oil Market: Regional Outlook
Asia Pacific is expected to hold a major share of the global silicon oil market and is estimated to lead throughout the forecast period. Rapid industrialization in this region is a factor for the silicon oil market growth. Furthermore, this region is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period. Asia Pacific region is followed by Europe and North America. Silicon oil is being used for the treatment of vitreoretinal disorders in almost all the developing as well as developed countries and hence it has a greater potential for driving the market growth.
Global Silicon Oil Market: Market Participants
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Silicon Oil Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of product type, global silicon oil market is segmented as below:
- Straight silicon oil
- Modified silicon oil
On the basis of applications, global silicon oil market is segmented as below:
- Anti-foam agent
- Water repellant
- Release agent
- Others (insulator, additives, etc.)
On the basis of end-use industries, global silicon oil market is segmented as below:
- Personal Care & Home Care
- Automotive & Transportation
- Others (pharmaceutical, electrical & electronics etc.)
Examples of some of the major participants operating in global silicon oil market is mentioned below:
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Wacker Chemie A.G.
- Fuchs Group
- Lubrizol Corporation
- China National Bluestar (Group) Co, Ltd.
- Power Chemical Corporation.
- Elkay Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Iota Silicone Oil (Anhui) Co., Ltd
- KCC Basildon Chemical Company Ltd.
- ISOL Industries
- HNK Silicone
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Aircraft Refurbishing Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.