This Solar Panels market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Solar Panels market.
Solar panel refers to a panel designed to absorb the sun's rays as a source of energy to generating electricity and heating. It reduces the amount of electricity coming from fossil fuels by supplying your operations with clean, renewable energy from the sun. Solar panels are also called photovoltaic or PV modules as it directly converts sunlight into electricity. The sun produces enough energy daily to supply 10,000 times the world’s electrical needs. Solar Photovoltaic panels are packaged, connected assembly of typically 6x10 solar cells that generates and supplies solar electricity in commercial and residential applications. Solar panels are not only used for residential rooftop applications, but they are also widely used for applications such as powering electronic devices, individual gadgets, and vehicle batteries. Installing solar panels on a house roof can decrease the household’s carbon footprint by an average of 35,180 pounds of carbon dioxide per year.
In 1960s, the first commercial use of solar cells was for powering satellites. There are various quality levels of solar panels with different efficiency and cost factors namely Monocrystalline solar panels, polycrystalline solar panels, and thin-film panels (amorphous panels). Solar Panels are tested under “Standard Test Conditions (STC)”. Solar panels can be accurately compared with each other and rated by using fixed set of conditions considered under this method. There are three standard test conditions for testing solar panels including temperature of the cell, solar irradiance, and mass of the air.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
There is increasing demand for solar panels in the residential rooftop applications. There is significant fall in the prices for key components such as silver and polysilicone that are used to make solar cells. Solar Panels don’t create noise and don’t make any emissions. Price drops for industrial commodities that are used to make solar panels, and higher price expectations for electricity and natural gas are the factors that are expected to drive growth of the solar panels market for the forecast period (2015-2025). Increase in electricity price combined with cheaper solar panels will drive the solar panels market.
Solar energy doesn't work at night without a storage device such as a battery. Climatic changes and cloudy weather can disturb the working of solar panels during daytime. Also, solar technologies are expensive. These are some of the factors that are limiting the growth of solar panels market to some extent.
Global Solar Panels Market: Segmentation
Global Solar Panels Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global Solar Panels market is estimated to witness high growth for the forecast period (2015 to 2025). North America market for solar panels has been growing rapidly especially due to the growth of residential solar applications in the U.S. In 2012, solar produced energy accounted for 0.11% of the total electricity generated in the U.S., according to U.S. Energy Information Administration.
FMI’s forecasts the Solar Panels market in Asia-Pacific is expected to show the fastest CAGR over the forecasted period. There is a shift in production of solar panels from U.S. to China and India due to low manufacturing cost.
Global Solar Panels Market: Key Players
Some of the major players of the global Solar Panels market are: Yingli Solar, Photonix Solar Pvt. Ltd, Goal Zero, AGL Solar Energy, and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and participants from across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Solar Panels Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Solar Panels market is segmented by: type, application, and by region.
- Solar Panels By Type:
- Monocrystalline Solar Panels
- Polycrystalline Solar Panels
- Thin-film (Amorphous) Panels
- Solar Panels By Application:
- Power Plants
- Off Grid
The report deliver an exhaustive analysis on:
- Solar Panels Market Segments
- Solar Panels Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Solar Panels Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Solar Panels Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Solar Panels Market Drivers and Restraints
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Solar Panels Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Solar Panels Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Solar Panels Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Solar Panels Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.