This Thermometer market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Thermometer market.
Over the years, the thermometer market experienced healthy growth, on the back of the concept of self-care management and significant advancements in temperature monitoring devices. Digital thermometers in particular are gaining increasing popularity for accurate and specific readings and rapidly replacing conventional mercury-based thermometers. The recent outbreak of coronavirus has led to a sudden spike in demand for a wide range of medical supplies, and thermometer is no different. The pandemic has put the whole world on alert - highlighting the need for a large-scale program to screen and detect individuals who may be infected by the novel COVID-19. As the need to minimize cross-contamination and maximize safety of individuals increase, non-contact infrared thermometers are witnessing significantly high demand as compared to contact thermometers.
In recent times, the rapid spread of coronavirus in and beyond China has been boosting the adoption of thermometer guns or non-contact infrared thermometer with temperature sensors in grocery stores, train station, apartment complexes, and hotels to screen individuals for fever. This, in turn, has been significantly contributing to the thermometer market growth. Currently, thermometer gun has become an essential tool for countries scrambling to contain viral outbreaks.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Rising Momentum of Smart Thermometer to Offer Tailwinds to Market Growth
In the recent past, smart thermometers have been making greater strides in temperature monitoring of the human body, as they are multifunctional that allow to measure a number of health readings apart the body temperature and these readings can be accessed through a connected app. Moreover, temperature readings from a smart thermometer are enabling a company to map atypical fevers and provide real-time insights into emerging COVID-19 hotspots. In March 2020, researchers at Kinsa Health demonstrated that consumers’ temperature data from its Bluetooth-enabled thermometers could play a significant role in helping healthcare organizations and governments to identify areas with higher-than-expected concentration of individuals with fever - one of the potential indicators of coronavirus infection. Furthermore, in a fight against the deadly virus outbreak and to assist health care workers, ForaCare Suisse, an established supplier of healthcare products, launched Fora Autonomous Temperature Measuring Station featuring its FORA IR41 non-contact forehead thermometer.
Mercury-based to Mercury-free Thermometers - The Shift is Underway
Emergence of cost-effective and more accurate alternatives to conventional mercury-based thermometers has been compelling manufacturers to increase their investment in mercury-free thermometers such as digital and infrared radiation thermometers. In addition, greater awareness about the harmful effects of mercury in the environment is fuelling the adoption of mercury-free temperature monitoring solutions. Moreover, mercury-free thermometer is expected to outgrow the demand for their mercury-based counterparts over the next decade
North America Takes the Center Stage
Coronavirus-related medical supplies are witnessing higher demand in North America, with the emergence of the U.S. as the hardest hit country in the current scenario. As public health organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) collaborate with manufacturers to meet unprecedented rise in demand, the thermometer market is likely to witness a quantum leap in growth in North America. The gradual spread of the COVID-19 in highly populous Asian country, India, is further projected to raise the demand for non-contact infrared thermometer.
Thermometer Market - Competitive Landscape
Competition analysis of key players operating in the thermometer market involves the assessment of product portfolio, developmental strategies, and regional presence. Some of these key players include A&D Medical, Welch Allyn, TERUMO CORPORATION, RADIANT INNOVATION INC., Microlife Corporation, Opto Circuits Limited, Citizen Systems, Geratherm Medical AG, Omron Healthcare, Inc., and Exergen Corporation. Introduction of innovative yet low-cost products remain key focus area of these market players.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Thermometer Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmental Analysis of the Thermometer Market
The FMI’s study segments the thermometer market on the basis of product, application, and region.
Thermometer Market Analysis by Product
- Infrared Radiation Thermometer
- Digital Thermometer
Thermometer Market Analysis by Application
Regional Analysis of the Thermometer Market
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East & Africa
Report Highlights: Global Thermometer Market
- An in-depth overview of parent market, covering the temperature monitoring devices market
- An overview of evolving market dynamics in the thermometer industry
- Detailed segmentation of the thermometer market
- Historical, current, and prospective examination of market size in terms of value and volume
- Recent developments and influential trends in temperature monitoring
- Opportunity assessment of thermometer market
- Competitive landscape analysis of thermometer marketplace
- Key player developments in thermometer space
- Niche and potential segments in the thermometer market that reflect promising opportunities
- A neutral perspective on the entire market performance over the forecast period
- Must-have insights for the thermometer market players
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Thermometer Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Thermometer Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Thermometer Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Thermometer Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)