This Thyroid Deficiency Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Thyroid Deficiency Treatment market.
According to Harvard Medical School, 13 million Americans suffer from thyroid disorders, and in more than 80% of cases, the problem is underactive thyroid gland i.e. Hypothyroidism. As thyroid hormone regulates body metabolism, its deficiency would lead to symptoms like tiredness, irregular heartbeat, impaired memory, weight gain, slow metabolism and others. The major cause of thyroid deficiency is autoimmunity in developed nations and most often iodine deficiency in developing countries. Almost one-third of the world's population belongs to the Asian and African region which is one of the prevalent regions for iodine deficiency which can lead to the chronic conditions such as congenital hypothyroidism or goiter further leading to thyroid cancer.
Synthetic thyroxine is given as therapeutic for thyroid deficiency treatment by oral or intravenous route and most commonly used the drug is the levothyroxine oral sold by the brand names Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid, Unithroid, Tirosint, Levo-T. Thyroid deficiency treatment market is continuously growing over the years by applying thyroid hormone replacement therapy. Thyroid deficiency treatment cost is also growing at the same pace with the increase in some patients with hypothyroidism.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market: Drivers & Restraints
Thyroid deficiency treatment market growth is likely to propagate in the future as per current trends of increase in the number of patients across the globe. Increasing Iodine deficiencies among the population of Asian and African countries and growing prevalence of autoimmune diseases across North America and Europe regions are fueling the demand for thyroid deficiency treatment market. With addition to it, people suffering from obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases are likely to witness thyroid deficiencies and these risk factors are growing over the years. Increasing government’s focus over the healthcare sector in developing countries elevating the investment in thyroid deficiency treatment market is across the Asia Pacific region. Some alternative therapies used for treatment are also trending these days like the use of remedial herbs, acupuncture and others which restraints the hypothyroidism therapeutics market. However, the side-effects associated with the current medication and treatment also limits the market growth.
Point-of-Care Genetic Testing Market: Segmentation
Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market: Overview
Hypothyroidism is prevalent in all parts of the world. Developed countries mostly suffered due to autoimmunity or congenital hypothyroidism and developing countries get suffered mostly due to iodine deficiency in the diet. This shows an increase in demand and need of novel therapeutics and providing a base for Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market. Trends also direct towards an increase in hormone-related disorders these days. Thus the estimate of medication intake will boost the thyroid deficiency treatment market. The diagnostics and pathology segment is also improving in the developing countries nowadays which grows the therapeutics market. The research and development activities in the field like emerging novel therapeutics, increasing the efficacy of medicine and reducing allergic reactions would be the cutting edge for the market progress. Selling campaigns initiated by the global players is increasing the market progressively.
Recent epidemiological data from WHO suggests that there are more than 750 million cases globally with a thyroid disorder. Increasing focus by government organizations and private agencies like WHO and pharmaceutical companies to create awareness of thyroid deficiency is fuelling the market growth. Levothyroxine and Cytomel are the most selling drugs in the thyroid deficiency treatment market.
Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market: Region-wise Outlook
North America is the top marketplace for thyroid deficiency treatment because of number of patients. Western Europe is observed as the growing market with the increase in the number of patients than Eastern Europe. The amount of prescribed thyroid hormone used in England only is more than double over the last ten years. More than the developed countries, the developing countries like Asia-Pacific, China, Japan, Middle East and Africa will likely to show tremendous growth in the market in the future due to high prevalence of iodine deficiency, increasing cases of Goiter, the inabilityof in-depth diagnostic work-up, decrease diet and other factors.
Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market: Key Players
Generic drugs with several brand names are being manufactured in different parts of the world. Some of the global key players in thyroid deficiency treatment market are Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer Inc., Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., Allergan, Genzyme Therapeutics and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation by Treatment Type
- T4 (Levothyroxine)
- T3 (Liothyronine)
Segmentation by Disease Indication
- Iodine Deficiency
- Congenital Hypothyroidism
Segmentation by Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Mail Order Pharmacies
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Thyroid Deficiency Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)