This Topical Antibiotic Rharmaceuticals market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Topical Antibiotic Rharmaceuticals market.
Topical antibiotics are applied to a certain area of the skin to kill infections. Application of topical antibiotics has a number of advantages upon comparison of systemic delivery in the treatment of skin infections. Skin and soft tissue infections (SSTIs) involve microbial invasion of the skin and underlying soft tissues infections are one of the most commonly occurring conditions amongst people. Most of these infections are minor and chronic in nature causing irritation and can be treated as outpatient procedures. A large diversity of bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), Streptococcus viridians, and Streptococcus pyogenes are responsible for these infections. Patients with poor sanitation, less resistance or weak immune systems and close contact with patient having skin diseases are prone to get affected.
Commonly used topical agents include bacitracin, cefazolin, ciprofloxacin, gentamycin, impenem, mupirocin, neomycin, polymyxin, retapamulin, and benzoyl peroxide. The U.S is a large market for neosporin which is a combination of antibiotics neomycin, bacitracin and polymyxin-B, although its use has decreased since, it was observed to increase occurrence of the lethal methicillin resistant staph aureus (MRSA) infections. Several antibiotics require high concentrations for gaining ability to completely remove bacteria from skin surface. Systemic absorption of mupirocin and retapamulin through skin is very low in cases of undamaged skin. However, adverse effects such as nephrotoxicity and irreversible ototoxicity is witnessed in case of absorption of bacitracin and neomycin and is strictly avoided in cases of burns and deep injuries. Topical antibiotics comprise of almost 40% of the global antibiotics market the rest being accounted to oral antibiotics.
The market can be segmented according to the major antibiotic agent used in the preparation, drug classes such as macrocyclics, cephalosporins, glycopeptides, carbapenems and glycylcyclines, and the type of topical condition.
Topical Antibiotic Pharmaceuticals Market: Drivers and Restraints
Global topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals is projected to grow rapidly due to increasing prevalence of skin and soft tissue infections as well as increasing availability and affordability of topical antibiotic products. Major drivers for the topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals market are increasing combination of drugs with different chemical moieties for treating various skin infections. The market for topical antibiotics has been noticeably increasing due to awareness of OTC antibiotic products among the lesser literate. The market growth is low due to absence in discovery of any major classes of antibiotics in recent years. However, indiscriminate use of topical antibiotics in the community and hospital settings contributes to bacterial resistance leading to decrease in market value and increasing competition among companies for profits from the existing drugs are the major factors that can hamper the global topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals over the forecast period.
Topical Antibiotic Pharmaceuticals Market: Overview
The global market for topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals market is highly fragmented in terms of market players due to generic agents used in the preparations. By product type, creams, ointments, powders are dominant segment across globe due to higher effectiveness and easier application. Ointments and creams are anticipated to hold a high collective share in the global market for topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals market. By distribution channels, the hospital clinics and retail pharmacies and drug stores are projected to account for around 50% share in the global topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals market and the trend is forecast to continue through the forecast period.
Topical Antibiotic Pharmaceuticals Market: Region-wise Outlook
Depending on geographic regions, the global topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America preserves its leadership primarily due to a significantly high usage of pharmaceutical preparations as compared to Europe, APEJ and Rest of the World.
Topical Antibiotic Pharmaceuticals Market: Key Players
Major key players in global topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals market are Teva Pharmaceuticals, Perrigo, Taro Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, Fougera, and Dynarex.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Topical Antibiotic Rharmaceuticals Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Topical Antibiotic Pharmaceuticals Market: Segmentation
Global topical antibiotic pharmaceutical market has been segmented into product type, distribution channels and geography.
Based on the product type, the global topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals market is segmented into the following:
Based on the type end user, the global topical antibiotic pharmaceuticals market is segmented into the following:
- Hospitals Clinics
- Private Clinics
- Retail Pharmacies and Drug Stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Topical Antibiotic Rharmaceuticals Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Topical Antibiotic Rharmaceuticals Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Topical Antibiotic Rharmaceuticals Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Topical Antibiotic Rharmaceuticals Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)