In line with increasing incorporation into a variety of fortified F&B products such as fresh produce, packaged foods, dairy products, and functional beverages, functional food ingredients continue to solidify their position in the industry. Ascending sales of healthy or functional drinks is particularly benefiting the growth of functional food ingredients market in Asia Pacific (APAC). Set to surpass the value of US$ 3.5 Bn by 2019 end, APAC functional food ingredients market will witness a robust CAGR during 2019 - 2029.
Key Takeaways - Functional Food Ingredients Market Study
- Growing popularity of omega-3 as a supplement in the Asia Pacific region is expected to boost the growth of the functional food ingredients market, particularly in the spreadable fats and oils food products segment.
- ASEAN is ranked as the seventh-largest economy in APAC, and consumers in this region are more inclined towards intake of nutritional food products that offer various health benefits.
- Multinational companies manufacturing functional food ingredients are taking initiatives to tackle nutritional deficiencies. Companies such as Nestlé and Unilever have started food fortification to add both macro and micronutrients in their food products.
- Nestlé S.A. started fortification of its products such as cereals to target deficiencies in specific global markets. By 2016, the company fortified 200 billion servings of food and beverages, worldwide, while partnering with the HarvestPlus program (bio fortification) and agricultural research partners in India.
- Unilever PLC partnered with the World Food Program to launch ‘Together for Child Vitality’, an initiative to improve the nutrition and health of school-aged children. Unilever PLC fortifies products such as spreads, seasonings, porridges, and bouillons, which are affordable and easily accessible.
- Japan is perceived as a highly profitable market for manufacturers of functional food ingredients worldwide.
- In 2017-18, 8-10% of Japanese population was diabetic, which created significant opportunities for manufacturers of functional food ingredients to target this demographic by offering products to mitigate the impact of diabetes.
Manufacturers of functional food ingredients are focused on catering to regional or domestic requirements. In India, omega-3, which is normally a non-vegetarian-derived product, has been developed from vegetarian variants such as flaxseed oil and algae. Food and beverage companies are also prioritizing R&D investments to enhance their product offerings with multifunctional nutritional profiles.
Consumer inclination towards preventive healthcare remains the key booster to growth of functional food ingredients market in APAC. A new research study of Future Market Insights (FMI) states that growing demand for natural functional food ingredients has been a remarkable trend that would further shape the sales of prebiotic ingredients. This is likely to be among the key factors influencing market growth in APAC.
For More Detailed Insights on APAC Functional Food Ingredients Market
Know More About Report Inclusions
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global functional food ingredients market, presenting functional food ingredients historical demand data (2014 - 2018), and functional food ingredients forecast statistics for the period of 2019 - 2029. The study divulges compelling insights on the functional food ingredients market based on ingredient type (minerals, vitamins, probiotics, prebiotic & dietary fiber, proteins, carotenoids, and omega-3 fatty acids), based on application (beverages, dairy & products, and bakery & confectionery).
For more information, write to the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Food & Beverage Division at Future Market Insights
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations - the Food & Beverages team at Future Market Insights helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Food & Beverages division of FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations - the Food & Beverages team at FMI helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 100+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research of the global food & beverage market and consulting services; know how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.