The consumption of biostimulants is rapidly gaining pace across all agrarian countries around the world as a preferred crop growth enhancer that is free from any synthetic ingredients and objectionable side effects. The product has been provided on a high commercial scale by tier-1 global scale market players as well as regional and domestic enterprises. The growth of organic-based farm products has also envisaged the use of biostimulants to a healthy extent.
The global biostimulants market was valued at US$ 2.3 Bn in 2019, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 11% over the forecast period (2019-2029).
Key Takeaways from Global Biostimulants Market Study
- The acid-based active ingredient type of biostimulants is commonly used by a majority of agricultural professionals for row crops as well as for other types. However, in wake of continued product innovations, newer types for microbial growth amendment, minerals tracing, etc., are more likely to be sought by end users.
- Horticulture-base crop produce to foresee a boost in consumption of biostimulants, as these crops are more prone towards microbial reactions. The development of diverse varieties/ grades of fruits and vegetables has involved a significant use of biostimulants
- Product differentiation has been followed by leading manufacturers. This involves product branding and marketing, which was otherwise clubbed into the conventional category of crop fertilizers in earlier times, and resulted in low traction of biostimulant sales.
- Europe has been an early adopter of biostimulants, owing to product development and compliance of eco-friendly initiatives as proposed by HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) management bodies. Over the due course of time, the region has emerged as the leading consumer of biostimulants, and will account for half of global sales in 2019.
- However, with emerging markets such as India and China, the paradigm shift of growth is expected to be concentrated over East Asia over the forecast period.
“With growing preference of bio-based ingredients in agrochemicals and crop growth additives, as well as increasing agricultural and horticultural produce around the globe, the biostimulants market offers lucrative business opportunities to concerned market participants and interested stakeholders in the coming years.”
Biostimulants Market: Competitive Landscape
The biostimulants market is highly competitive with a rich palette of global and regional players. Global players such as Valagro SPA, Koppert B.V., Syngenta, BASF SE, UPL Corporation Limited, Novozymes, Isagro SPA, and FMC Corporation have invested strategically in the biostimulants market, and have launched basic and premium grades at different pricing levels to increase their earnings and profit margins. This suggests that, major manufactures are keeping tabs on the market, as it holds a lot of potential in the coming future. Research & development, coupled with expansion of supply and distribution footprint via all possible trade channels, remains the key strategy for manufacturers to enhance business growth and capture new market opportunities.
For More Detailed Insights on Biostimulants Market
South East Asia to Offer Lucrative Growth Opportunities
South East Asia is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the global biostimulants market, owing to the high per acre agricultural production rate as compared to other regions. Another key factor driving the growth of the biostimulants market in East Asia is the decrease of natural soil fertility due to environmental amendments, which has compelled agricultural professionals to infuse biostimulants in crop produce by themselves.
Looking for More Information?
The report on the biostimulants market published by Future Market Insights brings to the fore a pin-point analysis of the market, and offers comprehensive information with historical demand data of 2014-2018 and forecast statistics for 2019-2029. The study offers insightful information on the global biostimulants market based on various categories– crop (row crops, fruits and vegetables, turfs and ornamentals, and other crop types), active ingredient (acid-based, extract- based, and others) and application (soil, foliar, and seeds), across seven regions.
For additional information, write to the analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.