Carbon Steel Market to Gain Momentum with Rising Demand from Diverse Industries: FMI
The carbon steel market size in 2020 has reached close to US$ 770 Bn. According to a recent study by Future Market Insights (FMI), the carbon steel market is forecast to rise at a CAGR of 4.9% between 2020 and 2030. The report is intended to offer an executive-level blueprint of the market to its stakeholders. It studies the growth trajectory and gauges investment feasibility across key segments.
Carbon Steel Market
A recent market study published by FMI on the Carbon Steel market includes the global indu...
According to the report, the carbon steel market is operating in an environment where lot of waste is generated and a huge amount of energy is consumed. The steel industry is efficiently reducing the waste through waste recovery technologies and through recycling, which has been aiding environmental causes.
The industry has adopted efficient fabrication and manufacturing process, which is reducing the energy consumption. Carbon Steel manufacturers are no longer overheating or overcooling the rolling mills allowing them to manufacture products more efficiently by consuming less energy. Steps taken towards cautious manufacturing had bode well for the market.
However, despite their efforts, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis has caused deceleration in the industrial production and disruptions in supply chain for 3 quarters of 2020. Growth recovery in the upcoming years will be backed by the increasing demand from downstream industries such as automotive, construction, and heavy engineering & equipment will drive the carbon steel market.
Key Takeaways of Global Carbon Steel Market Study
- Globally, the demand for energy efficient and low carbon neutral buildings is increasing. Carbon steel is an affordable and safer solution, which provides high strength, versatility, durability and full recyclability throughout the entire life cycle of buildings
- Carbon Steel manufacturers are improving its blast furnace technologies by taking full advantage of the converter slag of steelmaking by-products and improving the permeability of the blast furnace. All these factors have led to decrease in the steel manufacturing cost
- Construction industry is forecast to remain dominant end user through the forecast period. The global construction growth is expected to be 3.9% pa by 2030, as per a study by Oxford Economics, which will aid the overall expansion of the market
- 25% increase on steel tariffs derivative steel has increased the USA’s domestic steel production. Manufacturers are therefore on the process of implementing and enhancing production capability so as to meet the end-user’s increasing demand
- The global carbon steel market is expected to witness a plunge in FY2020, and is expected to recover sharply in the subsequent year as the industries across regional hubs have started resumption and augmentation of production and supply operations
“Carbon steel is used by a wide gamut of industries, which has been aiding expansion of the market despite oversupply recorded in the steel industry. Despite nose-dive growth during ongoing pandemic, the market is forecast to recover especially as leading companies move towards consolidation keeping expansion in their mind,” says FMI analyst.
Who is Winning?
The carbon steel market is fairly consolidated, with manufacturing capacities majorly concentrated among tier-I manufacturers. While local tier-2 and tier-3 manufacturers present a stiff competition, tier-1 players leverage their distribution network and brand image in dominating the market space. Some of the key players in the market are Nucor Corporation, ArcelorMittal, United States Steel Corporation, Baosteel Group, AK Steel Holding Corporation, EVRAZ, Hesteel Group, POSCO, Thyssenkrupp AG, JFE Holdings Corporation, etc amongst many others amongst many others. Market players have been focusing on strategic expansion and acquisition of manufacturing facilities. This strategy would help companies to expand into new markets to withstand in competitive environment.
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals and materials market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Apac Flexible Glass Market
- Global Biobased Biodegradable Plastics Market
- Global Bio Plastics Market
- Bric Automotive Plastics Market
- Europe Advanced Aerospace Coatings Market
- India Construction Chemical Market
- Global Biophotonics Market
- Global Antimicrobial Additives Market
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Market
- Global Adsorbents Market
- Global Barite Market
- Global Polyvinyl Chloride Market
- Global Corrosion Protective Coatings Market
- Global Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
- Silica Sand Market For Glass Making