FMI’s Report on Meat Substitutes Market: Tofu Accounting for over 45% of Sales, Tempeh Emerging as Favored Variant
Characterized by the increasing demand for vegan, particularly plant-based products, the market for meat substitutes continues its growth at a healthy pace. A new study of Future Market Insights (FMI) foresees that global meat substitutes market will reach beyond US$ 37 Bn by 2019 end, further witnessing a notable 6% rise through the next seven years.
Meat Substitutes Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the meat substitutes market o...
The thriving free-from trend will continue to shape consumption patterns within the meat substitutes category. Moreover, increasing demand for natural products, frequent product launches, and high awareness about functional benefits of free-from foods would be arguing well for the growth of meat substitutes market.
Impact of meat consumption such as high carbon footprint and the adverse changes in the climatic condition are factors that influence consumers to switch to meat substitutes. Soy-based food production is thus being thoroughly examined for its carbon emissions, including tofu and tempeh production in Indonesia, to compare their sustainable advantages over meat.
Key Takeaways - Meat Substitutes Market Study
- Asia Pacific meat substitutes market offers huge potential in terms of value share. Following the success of products such as tofu as a meat/dairy substitute in Western countries, tempeh and seitan that originate in Asia, will also be favored as meat substitutes in the West.
- Tofu that currently accounts for over 45% market share will remain the favored meat substitute. Tempeh is however set to exhibit a higher rate of consumption in the near future.
- Manufacturers of meat substitutes are focusing on acquisitions.
- For instance, Lightlife Foods, which produces vegan meat substitutes like sausages, tempeh, and burgers, was acquired by Maple Leaf Foods Inc., one of Canada's largest meat processors, for US$ 140 million.
- In 2017, food giant - Unilever Ltd. invested in Netherlands-based food project Plant Meat Matters. The project focuses on the production of all-vegan steak including meat substitutes for both restaurants and home cooks across the globe.
- In 2018 Tyson Foods, which is considered as the largest meat processor in U.S., announced its investments in fake meat (meat substitutes).
To boost product sales and stand out from the breakneck competition, manufacturers must now intensify their focus on developing novel meat substitutes that closely mimic not only the taste and texture but also the savory aspects of meat.
Flexitarians to Push Export Opportunities for Manufacturers
Australia has shown tremendous potential for the growth of meat substitutes market. Over the last few years, several small-sized companies manufacturing meat substitutes have emerged in Eastern Australian regions such as Queensland and Victoria. As country markets in a particular region tend to take market and demand cues from their neighbors, both Australia and New Zealand influence each other's food cultures. The flexitarian trend amongst Kiwi consumers is on the rise, and consumers are increasingly demanding variants in vegan and meat substitutes. This presents an enormous opportunity for Australia to expand its export base of meat substitutes especially tempeh in New Zealand.
Find More About Meat Substitutes Market Report
Future Market Insights, in its new offering, offers an unbiased analysis of the global Meat substitutes market, presenting historical demand data (2013-2018), and forecast statistics for the period, 2019-2026. The study divulges compelling insights on the meat substitutes market on the basis of source, product type, category, distribution channel and region. Based on product type, market is segmented as tempeh, tofu, RTC/RTE, seitan, natto and others.
To know more about what the report covers, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
About FMI’s Expertise in F&B Domain
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations - the Food & Beverages team at FMI helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Food Market Division at FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Gcc Functional Food Market
- Global Natural Food Colours Market
- Global Stevia Market
- Global Artificial Sweeteners Market
- Global Food Preservatives Market
- Global Fruit Concentrates Puree Market
- Global Forage Seed Market
- Indian Alcohol Market
- Dietary Supplements Market
- Food Additives Market
- Nutritional Yeast Market
- Fish Feed Market
- Clean Label Pectin Market
- Food Encapsulation Market
- Agar Market