According to a new market intelligence study published by Future Market Insights (FMI), modified starch market revenues are likely to reach ~US$ 10 Bn by 2019 end. Compared to developed regions, the sales value of modified starch is expected to be higher in countries of developing regions, including Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa, with estimated market shares of ~20% and ~10% respectively, towards the end of next decade.
Growing demand for low-fat and fat-free dairy products from consumers around the world reflects a massive opportunity for modified starch manufacturers. The study opines that the increasing health awareness and growing demand for healthy and nutrient-rich food products denote the prominent factors directly impacting the modified starch market.
Key Takeaways from Modified Starch Market Study
- The declining demand for synthetic ingredients in food and beverage industry is directly benefiting the sales of natural ingredients in food products.
- Maize/corn has long remained the preferred source or primary ingredient for traditional modified starch, and continues to capture substantial share in the modified starch market.
- The market for modified starch is mainly driven by increasing consumption of processed food products by consumers owing to increasing working professionals.
- Visible increase in adoption of Westernized dietary lifestyles across developing regions has been creating opportunities for modified starch manufacturers in the global market.
- Multiple applications of modified starch in different industries such as food, textile, paper making, and cosmetics and personal care, pharmaceuticals and animal feed are fueling its market growth.
- Increasing consumption of diverse food and beverage products, including bakery, dairy, meat, and poultry products in developing economies and economies in transition is fueling the global modified starch market
- The demand for physically modified starch and enzyme modified starch will continue to represent healthy CAGRs by the end of 2029.
“As the preference for natural ingredients is increasing among consumers, it is expected to benefit the sales of products, such as modified starch. Manufacturers of modified starch are intensifying their strategic focus on promotional activities to leverage the health benefits associated with naturally modified starch, to attract a wider consumer base,” analyzes the FMI analyst.
The key players in the modified starch market include Cargill, Incorporated, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Roquette Frères Company, Ingredion Incorporated, Tate & Lyle PLC, Agrana Group, Emsland Group, KMC Kartoffelmelcentralen A.M.B.A, The cooperative Avebe U.A., BENEO GmbH and many more. Manufacturers prioritize ‘natural and ‘gluten-free’ aspects to ensure higher product quality and nutritional benefits to consumers with the strategy of grasping the outsized segment of consumers.
For More Detailed Insights on Modified Starch Market
The modified starch market is still at its infancy, with plenty of room for improvements. Various sources for modified starch are likely to hit shelves in the near future, such as growing demand for rice as a source of modified starch is trending. Along with that, growing international fast food restaurant chains around the world generate opportunity for modified starch manufacturers in the global market.
Find More Valuable Insights on Modified Starch Market
Future Market Insights, in its new report, brings to fore an unbiased analysis of the global modified starch market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period, 2019-2029. The study divulges compelling insights on the modified starch market on the basis of source (maize/corn, wheat, potato, tapioca, and rice), product type (acetylated starch, physically modified starch and enzyme modified starch), food & beverage, animal feed, cosmetic and personal care, papermaking, textile, pharmaceuticals, and others), across seven major regions.
About the Food & Beverage Division at Future Market Insights
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
For additional insights on the Modified Starch Market, write to the analyst at email@example.com
About Food & Beverages division of FMI
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations - the Food & Beverages team at FMI helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 100+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research of the global food & beverage market and consulting services; know how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital, and has delivery centres in the U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and take critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.