3D Printing Technology Paving the Way for Soft Magnetic Composites Market, Says FMI
Soft magnetic composites (SMCs) are used extensively in the automotive industry for their ferromagnetic properties. Majorly driven by this, global soft magnetic composites market is projected to exhibit a robust CAGR during the forecast period of 2019-2029, reaching a value of US$ 80 Bn in 2029. Correct SMC combination provides a technology that consumes less energy, is optimally efficient, and capable of use in extreme frequencies and temperatures.
Soft Magnetic Composites Market
A recent market study published by FMI on the soft magnetic composites market includes glo...
High demand is witnessed from the automotive industry for electronic components such as motors, inductors, and other electronic machines that enhance reliability and efficiency. Moreover, the industry demands space reductions of components such as inductors that capture a lot of space. As a result, efforts to attain balance between working efficiency and smaller dimensions, have propelled the use of soft magnetic materials such as soft magnetic composites.
- Demand for electrical steel segment is expected to grow at a healthier rate. Its market share is anticipated to increase owing to application in different end-use industries, along with cost-effective nature of the material.
- 5P type, though most expensive, is prominently used in the power generation industry. As the demand for this segment is increasing, SMC manufacturers are under high pressure to reduce its price.
- The Asia Pacific region holds a prominent share of soft magnetic composites market owing to the constantly increasing presence of strong electronic and automotive sector in countries such as China, India, ASEAN Countries, and Japan.
- East Asia is projected to be a hub for electronic industry, countries such as China, are anticipated to be at the epicenter of opportunities in the electronic industry.
- Soft magnetic composites are increasingly gaining traction within the 3D-printing technology space.
SMC are advantageous as they offer the possibility of developing three dimensional shapes with complex geometry in extreme conditions, along with being cost effective and energy efficient. Moreover, acceptance of new technologies in automotive and consumer (electronics) goods industry such as 3D printing has paved a path of new opportunities for soft magnetic composites market.
Market Landscape Moving towards Consolidation
The soft magnetic composites market is highly consolidated owing to the prominence of handful of players with extensive R&D capabilities. Key manufacturers in the tier I such as GKN Powder Metallurgy (Melrose PLC) and Hitachi Metals Ltd. are pushing towards consolidation by opting for growth strategies such as acquisitions, joint ventures, and others.
What Does Future Hold?
In the coming years, as purchasing power of customers in developing regions grows, demand for soft magnetic composites is also anticipated to increase. Demand for cost-effective and energy-efficient materials from automotive and power generation industry is going to be the major driving force for the SMC markets. Introduction of new technologies such as 3D printing is will open an opportunity door for the SMC market.
Know More About Report Inclusions
Future Market Insights has published a market research report on the soft magnetic composites market that contains global industry analysis for 2014–2018 and opportunity assessment for 2019–2029. The report provides insightful analysis of the Soft magnetic composites market through three different segments, namely material, type, application, end-use industry, and region. The soft magnetic composites market report also provides demand trends of different types across industry verticals, a comprehensive list of service providers in the market, various projects around the world along with a detailed overview of the parent market.
For detailed insights on market growth, write to [email protected]
About Chemicals & Materials division of FMI
The Chemicals & Materials division at FMI offers distinct and pin-point analysis about the chemicals & materials industry. Coverage of the chemicals and materials market extends from commodity, bulk, specialty and petrochemicals to advanced materials, composites, and nanotechnology. The team also puts special emphasis on ‘green alternatives’, recycling and renewable technology developments, and supply-demand trade assessment. Our research studies are widely referred by chemical manufacturers, research institutions, channel partners, and government bodies for developing – ‘The Way Forward’.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Apac Flexible Glass Market
- Global Biobased Biodegradable Plastics Market
- Global Bio Plastics Market
- Bric Automotive Plastics Market
- Europe Advanced Aerospace Coatings Market
- India Construction Chemical Market
- Global Biophotonics Market
- Global Antimicrobial Additives Market
- Global Pearlescent Pigment Market
- Global Adsorbents Market
- Global Barite Market
- Global Polyvinyl Chloride Market
- Global Corrosion Protective Coatings Market
- Global Mining Flotation Chemicals Market
- Silica Sand Market For Glass Making