Superfood Powders Market Grows as Food-as-medicine Sentiment Takes Hold: Report
Superfood powders have moved beyond the health food stores to land at local supermarkets and hypermarkets. While the authenticity of benefits of these products is still a subject of debate in various scientific spheres, large-scale and increasing demand for superfood powders is paving the way for innovative products and new businesses, according to a new report by Future Market Insights (FMI).
Superfood Powders Market
A recent market study published by FMI on the superfood powders market includes the glo...
Consumers are increasingly becoming aware of their health and practices essential to maintain it during the COVID-19 crisis. The superfood powders are well-placed to turn these themes into new product and distinct business opportunities, and education on every front – manufacturers, food retailers, foodservice operators, and consumers.
Superfood Powders Market Size Study
- About 65% of consumers seek food and beverages with added functional ingredients, and 25% are actively looking for superfoods
- Functional ingredients such as moringa, maca, hemp, and matcha remain bestsellers
- East and South Asia to reflect potential growth prospects in the coming years
“Consumers are substantially looking for plant-based protein, with various startups delivering novel categories of alternatives to dairy and meat. As these startups build up, few are innovating new types of plant-based protein that go beyond soy or nuts. Algae protein, pea protein, and chickpeas are witnessing strong early-phase momentum,” says the analyst at FMI.
COVID-19 Impact on Superfood Powders Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered notable change in consumer behavior, as consumers are substantially demand for health-centric food and beverages.
Some consumer-health firms in the US have registered rise in prevention- and immunity-oriented products amid the pandemic, with an over 40% y-o-y surge in sales of multivitamins.
Moving ahead, consumers are shifting from conventional channels to other channels for buying superfood powders in the wake of social distancing norms and stay-at-home orders. Online sales of grocery items soared by 20% y-o-y in Italy from February 23 through March 11, 2020.
Similar shifts in purchasing platforms are already in progress in the US, where online traffic for groceries has climbed up by at least 25%. Driven by these pandemic-led facts and figures, manufacturers of superfood powders are going online to lock in consumers through better-quality products.
Superfood Powders Market – Competitive Intelligence
The global superfood powders market remains highly competitive. As such, market players are differentiating their product portfolio with unique value propositions to firm their grip in marketplace.
- Brandless has rolled out 15 new products including vitamins, superfood powders, supplements, and essential oils. The superfood powders comprise of plat-based protein, matcha, and maca. Moreover, all of the products are gluten-free, organic, and vegan.
- Nutiva has introduced Organic MCT Creamer that contain medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) extracted from coconut oil.
- Love Beets has developed ‘Love Beets’ superfood powder for health and fitness enthusiasts. These superfood powders are made with 100% beets, contain no additives, sugar or preservatives, and are non-GMO, gluten-free, and organic.
Want To Know More About Superfood Powders Market?
A new market research report published by Future Market Insights (FMI) on the global superfood powders market report offers comprehensive insights into the market demand trends and analysis of opportunities over the forecast period, 2020-2030. The report examines the superfood powders market through three different segments – nature, sales channel, and region. The superfood powders market report also provides extensive assessment of pricing by different key market dynamics, life cycle analysis, and technologies that are being deployed in the manufacturing of superfood powders and product adoption across several end-use industries
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Future Market Insights helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Gcc Functional Food Market
- Global Natural Food Colours Market
- Global Stevia Market
- Global Artificial Sweeteners Market
- Global Food Preservatives Market
- Global Fruit Concentrates Puree Market
- Global Forage Seed Market
- Indian Alcohol Market
- Dietary Supplements Market
- Food Additives Market
- Nutritional Yeast Market
- Fish Feed Market
- Food Encapsulation Market
- Agar Market
- Bric Organic Baby Food Market