This Aircraft Braking System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Aircraft Braking System market.
Deployment of highly efficient aircraft braking system in modern aircrafts is of utmost importance. Safety primarily relies upon the efficient working of the braking system, since brakes are used to slowdown and stop the aircraft whenever necessary. The aircraft braking system must be capable of braking on the smooth runway surface with limited length. This leads to the development of complex braking system, which requires unwavering focus in terms of technology and material. Modern aircraft braking system comprises of aircraft disc brakes, thrust reversers, air brakes and drogue parachutes. All these components play significant roles in reducing the aircraft speed, thereby, ensuring safe landing. The brakes are replaced when the tyre tread or brake material is worn. This failure is examined by the maintenance staff, during which the entire brake/ wheel assembly is routed for replacement. The global aircraft braking system market is primarily driven by the refurbishment of brakes in existing fleet rather than the demand for new aircraft. This demand is primarily due to increase in airline traffic, which requires frequent upgrade of braking systems. According to the Airbus S.A.S, the global Revenue Passenger Kilometre is expected to grow by 4.5% every year, over the period 2014-2034.
Further, aircraft manufacturing focusing on lightweight and downsizing of aircraft components is expected to create opportunities for research & development in aircraft braking system for development of new products. Chances of corrosion in braking material while operating in extreme environment conditions is one of the major challenges faced by aircraft OEMs. This is further expected to create significant opportunities for OEMs to monitor, remove and protect aircraft brakes against corrosion. Favourable macroeconomic conditions in developed and developing nations are expected to boost the market growth, as an increase in aircraft production will, in turn, create demand for aircraft braking system. OEMs are forming strategic alliances with component manufacturers to upgrade their existing braking system. This move will further assist the OEMs to gain customer confidence and will aid them to drive profitable growth in the competitive environment. In October 2016, UTC Aerospace Systems signed a contract with Ducommun to build electronic assemblies for the up gradation of its braking system.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The global Aircraft Braking System market is segmented on the basis of product type, deployment type, end-use, aircraft type and region.
Based on product type, the global aircraft braking system market is segmented into carbon brakes and steel brakes. Deployment of particular brake type in aircraft depends on the desired operating environment. Carbon brakes are primarily deployed in military and commercial aircraft.
Based on sales channel, the global aircraft braking system market can be segmented into OEM and after-market. After-market is expected to emerge as a fast growing segment owing to rising demand for the refurbishment of worn brakes in existing fleet.
On the basis of end-use, the global Aircraft Braking System market can be segmented into general aviation, civil aviation and military aircraft.
By aircraft type, the global Aircraft Braking System market can be segmented into narrow-body aircraft, wide-body aircraft, regional jets, freighter and turboprops.
Global Aircraft Braking System Market: Regional Outlook
Asia-Pacific is expected to emerge as a fast growing region in terms of revenue growth in the global aircraft braking system market. This is primarily attributed to the significant growth in aircraft fleet. Further, shifting production base from North America and Europe to Asia-Pacific region due to reduced labour cost is also expected to drive noteworthy volume growth opportunities in the region. In terms of market share contribution, North America and Western Europe jointly share the larger pie of the market since one-third of the global fleet is present in North America with over twenty percent in Western Europe.
Global Aircraft Braking System Market: Market Participants
Global Aircraft braking system market is highly consolidated with a handful of players contributing to the major share in the market. This includes Honeywell International Inc, UTC Aerospace Systems, Meggitt PLC and Safran Landing Systems among others. Companies are primarily focusing towards the development of the combination of wheel and braking system that can operate at high temperature and high speed.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Aircraft Braking System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Aircraft Braking System Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Aircraft Braking System Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Aircraft Braking System Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Aircraft Braking System Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.