This Anorectal Manometry Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Anorectal Manometry Systems market.
Anorectal manometry systems are adopted for evaluation of patients suffering from faecal incontinence, constipation or any other disorders related to lower gastrointestinal tract, which may involve anorectal sphincter. An anorectal manometry system measures the capability of the anal sphincter muscles to apply pressure in the rectum and also measures neural reflexes of anal sphincter that are desirable for common bowel movements. The anorectal manometry systems are considered as diagnostic instruments, not a type of intervention or treatment.
Anorectal manometry systems exploit a balloon catheter in order to analyze nerve bundles and muscle contraction of the rectum. A small-sized catheter is attached to the computer to display and record the pressure applied by the rectum sphincter. Anorectal manometry tests are also used in pediatric patients to diagnose anal malformations or malfunctions such as incontinence and constipation.
Anorectal manometry systems are mainly used in diagnosing Hirschsprung disease, in which the colon (large intestine) is affected causing difficulty in passing stool. An enema is given prior to the anorectal manometry test, which usually takes 20–30 minutes. However, there is a certain level of risk associated with the use of anorectal manometry systems, which include allergies with latex, and moderate pain coupled with complexity concerns in handling the equipment. During the anorectal manometry procedure, a small balloon catheter is inserted into the rectum to analyze internal pressure and to access normal reflex pathways. The pressure of the anal sphincter is analyzed during each of these procedural cycles.
Anorectal Manometry Procedural Information
Rectum and anal areas are covered with specialized muscles that regulate appropriate bowel movement, and anorectal manometry systems measure the efficiency of anal sphincter muscles relaxation and contraction during the passing of stool. Anorectal manometry systems offer valuable insights in treating a patient suffering from constipation and fecal incontinence. Furthermore, weak rectum sphincter muscles with the low sensation of muscles is the prime reason for fecal incontinence. This can be overcome by using biofeedback techniques such as anorectal manometry systems and specific pelvic exercises to strengthen muscles and enhanced sensation.
Anorectal Manometry Systems Market Assessment by Distribution Channel
Factors Gardening the Growth of the Anorectal Manometry Systems Market
The growth of the global anorectal manometry systems market is primarily driven by increasing prevalence and incidence rates of fecal incontinence and constipation. Fecal incontinence is caused by various factors such as weak anal sphincter muscles and weak muscle sensation, whereas constipation is a result of slow movement in colon and also due to malfunctions that can cause functional obstruction in muscles. As exemplified by the estimates of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), the prevalence of fecal continence (FI) in non-institutionalized adults is approximately 8.3% in the U.S. alone. Prevalence of FI is similar in men (7.7%) and women (8.9%). In addition, factors such as increasing elderly population on the global level, rising government initiatives, and rising patient pool population are also fueling the growth of the anorectal manometry market. However, high cost of the instrument, lack of skilled professionals, complexity of the instrument, and complex regulatory frameworks are the major obstacles for the growth of the anorectal manometry systems market.
Anorectal Manometry Systems in Hospitals
In terms of value, the hospitals end-use segment holds the largest share in the global anorectal manometry systems market as the number of patients admitted in critical care units is increasing, and these patients are more susceptible towards fecal incontinence. The diagnostic centers end-use segment holds the second large market share followed by specialty clinics.
Regional Market Outlook
The anorectal manometry systems market in North America is projected to have large share over the forecast period followed by Western Europe owing to the increasing elderly population and favorable reimbursement policies. In addition, healthcare infrastructure in these regions is highly advanced in terms of technology and treatment procedure, which in turn is expected to propel the growth of the anorectal manometry systems market. The Asia-Pacific anorectal manometry systems market is projected to offer lucrative opportunities for the manufacturers to expand in Asian countries. The anorectal manometry systems market in China is projected to grow with a high CAGR over the forecast period owing to the increasing prevalence of fecal incontinence, improving healthcare infrastructure, and implementation of healthcare reforms, whereas the market in Japan is mature owing to the dominance of domestic manufacturers. The anorectal manometry systems market in Latin America and the Middle East & Africa is expected to show sluggish growth over the forecast period owing to lack of skilled personnel, inadequate healthcare facility, and low disposable incomes.
Examples of some of the key players identified in the global anorectal manometry systems market are Medtronic plc, Given Imaging Ltd., MD Solutions, MEDSPIRA, Albyn Medical Ltd., The Prometheus Group, LABORIE, Diversatek, Inc., Synectics Medical Limited, Medical Measurement Systems, Arndorfer Medical Specialties, Dentsleeve, Latitude, Mui Scientific, Sandhill Scientific, Sierra Scientific, and Arndorfer Medical Specialties. The anorectal manometry systems market is equipped with both domestic as well as international players.
- Diversatek, Inc.
- Synectics Medical Limited
- Medical Measurement Systems
- Mui Scientific
- Sandhill Scientific
- Sierra Scientific
- Arndorfer Medical Specialties
- Given Imaging Ltd.
- MD Solutions
- Albyn Medical Ltd.
- Arndorfer Medical Specialties
- Medtronic plc
- The Prometheus Group
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Anorectal Manometry Systems Market by Product Type, Modality Type, and End User
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan & China, Japan, China, and Middle East & Africa by product type, modality type, and end user segments, and country
- Anorectal Manometry Systems Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Anorectal Manometry Systems Market Size & Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Anorectal Manometry Systems Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- The market sizing of anorectal manometry systems will be done by the adoption data triangulation approach.
- The demand-side approach is followed to assess the actual market size of anorectal manometry system. For this, secondary research is used at the initial phase to identify the feasibility of the target products/technology categories and its respective segments, product and service offerings, equipment installed base in end-use facilities, adoption rate and future impact of new technologies.
- Each piece of information is eventually analyzed during the entire research project, which helps build a strong base for the primary research information.
- Primary research participants include demand-side users such as key opinion leaders, physicians, surgeons, and supply-side providers of medical devices who provide valuable insights on trends, key treatment patterns, adoption rate, and purchasing pattern, technological development of medical devices, patient education, effectiveness of manufacturers and important strategies, pricing and competitive dynamics.
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment of basic factors driving demand, economic factors/cycles and growth rates and strategies utilized by key players in the market is analyzed in detail while forecasting, in order to project Year-on-Year growth rates. These Y-o-Y growth projections are checked and aligned as per industry/product lifecycle and further utilized to develop market numbers at a holistic level.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Anorectal Manometry Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By Product Type:
- Anorectal Manometry Systems
- Anorectal Manometry Systems Software
- System Sheath & Catheters
By Modality Type:
- Stand-Alone Systems
- Portable Systems
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan & China
- Middle East & Africa
- Shifting industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size, recent industry trends
- Key competition landscape, market structure, regulatory scenario
- Economical spending, regional healthcare outlook, consumer healthcare expenditure
- Strategies for key players and product offerings, channel strategies, regional foot print, channel footprint
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance in terms of value and volume
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Anorectal Manometry Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Anorectal Manometry Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Anorectal Manometry Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Anorectal Manometry Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)