This Carbonate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Carbonate market.
Carbonate is a mineral salt of carbonic acid. The most common types of carbonates available in the industry are calcium carbonate (CaCO3), potassium carbonate (K2CO3), sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) and iron carbonate (Fe2CO3). These carbonates are used in various end-user industries such as detergents, ceramics, cement and smelting among others. The global carbonate market also includes organic carbonates in which carbonate is functional group of the compound. These compounds are also known as carbonate esters or organocarbonates. Some of the important carbonate esters include ethylene carbonate, dimethyl carbonate and triphosgene among others. Carbonate esters are used as solvents in batteries and chemical industry. Carbonates find applications in various end-user industries such as paper & pulp, paints & coatings, adhesives & sealants, detergents & cleaners, glass & ceramics, dyes & pigments and food manufacturing among others.
The market for carbonate is mainly driven by various end-user industries such as detergents & cleaners, paper & pulp, glass & ceramics and food manufacturing among others. Calcium carbonates is used in adhesives & sealants which find applications in automotive, building & construction and electronics industry among others. In addition, huge demand from paper and pulp industry has been driving the market for calcium carbonate in past few years. Sodium carbonate is another mineral salt of carbonate and is widely used in applications such as glass manufacturing, detergents & softeners, food manufacturing and chemical electrolytes among others. Potassium carbonate are used in various end-user industries such as glass & ceramics, dyes & pigments, cleaners, food processing, gas purification, chemicals and leather industry among others. Iron carbonate is another compound of carbonate and can be used in manufacturing of other ferrous oxides. However, health concerns, issues associated with carbonates are anticipated to hinder the market growth over the forecast period.
In terms of geography, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan was the leading region capturing most of the carbonate market regional volume share in 2013. Asia Pacific Excluding Japan is also anticipated to be the fastest growing markets for carbonate due to increasing demand for carbonates from various end-user industries such as paper & pulp, detergents & cleaners, adhesives & sealants, chemicals, glass & ceramics, dyes & pigments and food processing among others. China had the highest demand and production for some of the carbonates available in the market in 2013. Other Asian countries such as India, Japan, Korea and Japan are anticipated to show positive growth for the carbonates market due to huge demand from manufacturing industry. Asia Pacific Excluding Japan is followed by North America in terms of Carbonate demand. Increasing demand of carbonates such as calcium carbonate, potassium carbonate and sodium carbonate from industries such as paper & pulp, detergents & cleaners and glass & ceramics have been driving the carbonates market in the region. U.S. had the largest demand for carbonate owing to huge demand from paper & pulp and glass & ceramics industry. In 2013, Europe had the third-largest demand for carbonate market. European countries such as Germany, France, the UK, Spain, Italy and Russia exhibited the highest demand for carbonates in past few years and are likely to follow similar trend over forecast period. Latin America and the Middle East & Africa are likely to offer positive outlook for the carbonate market in next few years to come.
Carbonate Market: Key players
Some of the key manufacturers in the carbonate market are Franklin Minerals, Huber Engineering Materials, Imerys S.A., Omya Group, Excalibar Minerals LLC, Mississippi Lime Company, Solvay S.A., Schaefar Kalk GmbH & Co. KG among others. The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Carbonate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of type, the global carbonate market is segmented into:
- Calcium Carbonate
- Potassium Carbonate
- Sodium Carbonate
- Iron Carbonate
On the basis of end-use industries, the global carbonate market is segmented into:
- Paper & Pulp
- Paints & Coatings
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Detergents & Cleaners
- Glass & Ceramics
- Dyes & Pigments
- Others (includes food manufacturing)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Carbonate Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Carbonate Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Carbonate Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Carbonate Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.