This Carcinoembryonic Antigen market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Carcinoembryonic Antigen market.
Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is normally found in embryonic entodermal epithelium. Carcinoembryonic antigen is a group of glycoprotein present in the body fluids of the fetus and embryo and in the gastrointestinal tract. Carcinoembryonic antigen is also present in the mucosal cells of the colorectum, gastrointestinal cells, and small amounts are present in the blood. Carcinoembryonic antigen is produced by the gastrointestinal tissues during the development of fetal. CEA is not present in the healthy adults but cancer patients show concentrations of CEA. A carcinoembryonic antigen test is generally a blood test that measures the amount of carcinoembryonic antigen protein in the blood. The test is also used to manage and diagnose certain types of cancers like breast cancer, colorectal or colon cancer, cancer of the gastrointestinal tract, liver cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer and others. The sensitivity of carcinoembryonic antigen is low for early colon cancer patients. The Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) test is especially used for cancers of the rectum and large intestine. Carcinoembryonic antigen is one of the most commonly used tumor markers globally. But its primary significance is in colorectal cancer.
According to WHO, Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and accounted for 8.8 million death in 2015. Globally, nearly 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer. Around one third of deaths from cancer are due to the 5 leading behavioral and dietary risks: high body mass index, low fruit and vegetable intake, lack of physical activity, tobacco use, and alcohol use.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) market is expected to grow over the forecast period due to the factors such as rising prevalence of cancer, high demand for minimally invasive diagnostic procedures in cancer and increasing per capita healthcare expenditure. Rapidly increasing geriatric population who are prone to chronic medical conditions including cancer is likely to drive the market growth. In addition, the introduction and constant development of the novel immunological techniques like the radioimmunoassay is expected to increase the demand for carcinoembryonic antigen tests. However, the risk of infections by CEA testing will restrain the market growth of the global carcinoembryonic antigen during the projected period.
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Market: Segmentation
The global carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) market is classified on the basis of application type, end user, and geography.
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Market: Overview
Based on the application type, the global carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) Market is segmented into colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, ovarian cancer and others. Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) application in colorectal cancer dominated the overall market. Increasing consumption of alcohol increases the growth of colorectal cancer. Breast cancer is expected to be the fastest growing application segment due to the rising demand for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), increasing number of female population above 50 years and cosmetic surgeries. Based on end user, the global carcinoembryonic antigen market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic centers, cancer centers and research centers.
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East and Africa. North America expected to dominate the global market for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) market due to the high incidence rates of cancer, presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, and high patient awareness levels in the region. The presence of available opportunities and constantly improving healthcare infrastructure is expected to boost the growth of the carcinoembryonic antigen market growth in APEJ region over the forecast period.
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Market: Key Players
Key players operating in the global carcinoembryonic antigen market include F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Abbott Diagnostics, Quest Diagnostics, Lee Biosolutions, Inc., and RayBiotech, Inc. Manufacturers face difficult price-based competition and are also under endless pressure to introduce technologically new advanced products.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Carcinoembryonic Antigen Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on application type, the global carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) Market is segmented into the following:
- Colorectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Ovarian cancer
Based on end user, the global carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic centers
- Cancer centers
- Research centers
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Carcinoembryonic Antigen Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Carcinoembryonic Antigen Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Carcinoembryonic Antigen Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Carcinoembryonic Antigen Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)