This Concentrator O2 Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Concentrator O2 Devices market.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, majority of countries have put forth public health measures to flatten the curve and are prepared for economical strain. In order to combat the alarming situation, healthcare leaders are placing greater emphasis on increasing critical care capacity at an unprecedented rate. Expanding healthcare infrastructure capacity is crucial to saving humankind, as an over-burdened healthcare system leads to a substantial spike in mortality rates and can be a headwind to achieving normalcy.
Further, the COVID-19 pandemic has put immense pressure on the global supply chain, with the healthcare industry at the forefront. As a response to the widening demand-supply gap, governments are centralizing the availability of critical items, amongst which concentrator O2 (10L, 230V, 50 Hz + acc.) devices are gaining huge prominence in the healthcare sector.
The COVID-19 - originated from Wuhan, China - is a respiratory tract infection. This implies that patients suffering from severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) are already within the radar of the virus. Oxygen therapies such as concentrator O2 devices are efficient in addressing both, the primary illness and the cascading secondary issues in connection with the COVID-19 immune reaction.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
While a majority of the people having COVID-19 show only mild or uncomplicated symptoms, studies reveal that about 14% show severe symptoms and require hospitalization and oxygen support. As this pandemic continues to affect across continents, the healthcare industry is aggressively focusing on R&D projects to develop clinical diagnostic equipment and antivirus drugs to curb the impact of the COVID-19 on humankind as well as the global economic order. Such trends are boding well for the concentrator O2 market, which will experience a stellar growth rate in the coming years.
Portable Concentrator O2 Devices Emerging As Potential Savior
Portable concentrator O2 devices are the latest innovation in pulsed oxygen delivery. Step-change improvements and greater emphasis on a patient-centric model are driving the adoption of these portable medical devices. These portable medical devices offer the benefits of lightweight, and compact size. As space is a key aspect in healthcare settings, the reduced footprint of portable oxygen concentrators allows health care delivery for a greater number of patients in a certain area.
The COVID-19 pandemic, which is caused due to the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), continues to spread. More than 200 countries have reported incidents of the COVID-19. The growth in caseloads has surged to more than a million cases and 54, 000 mortalities, as of now. A few regions have a finite number of cases, other regions with initial community transmission have a few hundred, and those with out-of-control pervasive transmission are witnessing exponential growth in the number of cases.
The situation is evolving rapidly, and is unlikely to stop within a few weeks. This could probably pose a huge burden on the critical care facilities in hospitals, few of which might be short of sufficient staff or resources to tackle this emergency.
Not to mention, the healthcare system of Italy is touted among the best in the world, yet, the COVID-19 situation in the country appears to be going out hands. As most of the intensive care units (ICU) beds are reserved for patients severely infected with COVID-19, that major of beds are allocated only to patients having a reasonable chance of survival.
Several medical professionals are considering home-based care as an immediate solution to address the expanding patient pool. Portable concentrator O2 devices fit well in the solution, as they allow easy relocation of patients with better safety, and enhance the quality of care irrespective of the healthcare surroundings.
Portable concentrator O2 devices are gaining huge traction and have the potential to behave as a single oxygen therapy device versus an ambulatory system and a stationary system (they eliminate the need for external oxygen tanks, and additional equipment). Given the rate at which the number of cases is rising in tandem with overwhelmed healthcare facilities, the trend of home care services will be a major driver in the concentrator O2 market.
Government Organizations Portraying Key Role in Availing Supply
Direct Relief - a non-profit organization - has pledged to an emergency funding of US$ 2 Mn to contribute to the battle against the novel COVID-19 in the US as the national healthcare professionals anticipate its potential threat.
The funds are being channelized toward boosting the inventories of critical care and preventive equipment and supplies, deliver emergency financial aid to non-profit healthcare service providers, and to support public health works organized by the state and local public health facilities.
Influenced by the experience of and demands from the Chinese healthcare centers that have now treated loads of patients with COVID-19, Direct Relief has ordered a starting purchase of 500 portable concentrator O2 devices to make sure that supplementary oxygen is present for patients who might require it throughout the recovery from COVID-19.
The Supply Chain Inter-Agency Coordination Cell (SCICC), alerted by the disrupted global supply chain, has formed a supply task force to simplify the purchasing of critical care patient monitoring products including, concentrator O2 (10L, 230V, 50 Hz + acc.) devices, facing worldwide scarcity.
Acquisition of concentrator O2 equipment is centralized, and transactions are managed by a small group of inter-organizational purchasers working globally to satiate the ever-increasing national demand. Orders for supply of concentrator O2 equipment are consolidated at a national level via COVID-19 coordination mechanisms, which differ with country.
The World Health Organization has developed COVID-19 Essential Supplies Forecasting Tool (ESFT) to assist governments, associates, and other shareholders to anticipate potential requirements for critical supplies to alleviate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Even though the tool provides users with a projection of the number of cases, it is not an epidemiological calculator.
The chief aim of this calculator is to foresee critical supplies such as concentrator O2 equipment, personal protective equipment (PPE), consumable medical supplies, essential drugs for supportive care, and biomedical equipment for case management.
The COVID-19 ESFT device is expected to support the Health Workforce tools (Adaptt and the Workforce Estimator) complimentarily. Both the tools utilize the same basis ranges of clinical attack rate and categorize healthcare personnel by ILO ISCO codes, yet their results are deliberately distinct owing to their main focus.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Concentrator O2 Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Concentrator O2 Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Concentrator O2 Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Concentrator O2 Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Concentrator O2 Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)