This Spinal Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Spinal Devices market.
Spinal devices are used in spinal cord injury in order to regain the loss of body sensation such as mobility or feeling. The spinal cord injury is different from back injuries and patient suffers from major disorders such as ruptured disks, spinal stenosis or pinched nerves. The global market of spinal devices is expected to grow steadily due to increase in aging among population, incidences of spinal diseases and advances in technology. The global spinal devices market is anticipated to be driven by product innovations, pipeline methodologies, FDA approvals and growing number of spinal surgeries. According to the Society of Neurointerventional Surgery, neurointervention is an approach for treatment that occurs within the vessels of brain or with the spinal cavity. It is gaining high traction among neuro-specialist due to minimal invasive technique and higher success rate ratio as compared to the conventional clipping method. In October 2016, the U.S. Food & Drug Administration approved the pedicle screw spinal system in order to provide immobilization and stabilization of spinal segments in thoracic, lumbar, and sacral spine as an adjunct fusion in treatment of degenerative disc diseases and spondylolisthesis. Few surgeries, such as minimally invasive spine surgery aims to stabilize the vertebral bones and spinal joints which relieve pressure applied to spinal nerves. The surgery induces the placement of instrument, such as rods and screws to stabilize the spine. Various techniques have been deployed for MIS surgery such as discetomy, spinal decompression, MIS (Minimally Invasive Surgery) TLIF (Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion) which uses tubular retractor, portals to implant the devices, rods, screws in order to stabilize the spinal cord and improve the mobility.
Spinal Device Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Spinal Device Market: Segmentation
The global spinal device market is classified on the basis of device type, end user and geography.
Spinal Device Market: Overview
Increase in the production number of spinal implants, spinal surgery and ongoing researches on improving quality of care for continence is expected to create an attractive growth opportunity for the global spinal device market through 2026. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Association Resource Center, 32 spinal injuries per Mn population or 7800 injuries occur in the U.S. each year. The hospitals end user segment is expected to hold the highest market share in global market for spinal devices during 2016-2026.
Spinal Device Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global spinal device market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global market for spinal devices due to the availability of reimbursement policies as well as healthcare infrastructure. Increasing number of spinal injury incidences through accidents, ageing and improved lifestyle among population are few trends which are expected to fuel the growth of the spinal device market in APEJ region through 2026.
Spinal Device Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the global spinal device market include Stryker, Vertiflex Inc., Smith & Nephew, Siemens Healthcare GmbH, RTI Surgical, Orthofix Holdings, Inc., Medtronic, Zimmer Inc., CONMED, Aspen Medical Products and others. Most of the providers of spinal devices are adopting the strategy of providing these products through e-commerce and hospital pharmacies so that buyers can browse the products according to their needs. In October 2016, Stryker announced the launch of hand-held LITe BIO Delivery System to deliver bone graft material to spinal surgery sites. The system can be used for any type of spine fusion surgery.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Spinal Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on device type, the global spinal device market is segmented into the following:
- Plate Fixation System
- Drug Infusion system
Based on end user, the global spinal device market is segmented into the following:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Spinal Surgery Rehabilitation Centers
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest Of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest Of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Spinal Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Spinal Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Spinal Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Spinal Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)