Top Factors Shaping the Disposable Spinal Instruments Market
Increase in the Number of Outpatient Surgeries
Increasing number of outpatient procedures is among the economic variables affecting the spine market. A rapid shift from inpatient to outpatient surgeries for spine-related diseases is expected to create a high growth potential for disposable spinal instruments in the near future. The number of spinal surgeries is increasing with growing awareness among surgeons about cost-effective treatments.
Besides, the availability of reimbursement guidelines for outpatient surgeries is also expected to fuel the disposable spinal instruments market. Furthermore, increase in the number of end users, such as ambulatory surgical centres, in under-developed and developing countries has boosted the number of outpatients surgeries, which is also expected to boost the overall market for disposable spinal instruments.
Recent Developments in the Orthopaedic Industry
The development of spine devices continues to evolve, and this has a significant impact on patient care. Currently, all the major manufacturers are expanding their product portfolios to provide a variety of complete offerings. Major companies are positioning themselves to compete in the spine market through acquisitions as well product development.
Growth in the number spinal surgeries and the growing adoption of new technologies has led to the growing demand for disposable spinal instruments, which is expected to create several opportunities in the disposable spinal instruments market during the forecast period.
Favorable Reimbursement Landscape
The inpatient and outpatient reimbursement rates for spine procedures are projected to increase significantly during the forecast period. As the number of outpatient procedures is expected to grow in the coming years, medical coverage companies have expanded their reimbursement policies.
As the cost of spinal surgeries continues to grow, physicians and hospitals need to pay attention to nuances, such as utilisation management, physician documentation, billing practices, and coding, to ensure the optimal and accurate reimbursement for spinal procedures.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Disposable Spinal Instruments Market Structure Analysis
- The global disposable spinal instruments market represents a consolidated competition landscape.
- Top companies in the disposable spinal instruments market include ECA Medical, Xenco Medical, and Providence Medical Technology, Inc.
- While majority of the key companies in the global disposable spinal instruments market maintain a strategic focus on the North America and Europe region, the report highlights that technology assessment in disposable spinal instruments will be an important developmental strategy for companies.
- Leading players in the disposable spinal instruments market are also concentrating on the rising disposable trend, whereas cost-competitiveness will prevail as a strong differentiation strategy.
- Growing companies in the disposable spinal instruments market, such as Paradigm Spine and Safe Orthopaedics, SA, are aiming at launching new and innovative products in their product portfolios as well as engaging in collaborations and acquisitions as their expansion strategy.
- The number of international distributors is increasing at a rapid pace in the disposable spinal instruments market.
Disposable Spinal Instruments – Leading the Way in Preventing HAIs, Reducing Errors
Disposables lead the way in combating the surgical site infections post-spine surgeries, complemented by the focus of hospitals on implementing system-wide programs that include individualized treatment algorithms and preoperative decolonization programs. Disposable spine instruments have emerged as a boon for surgeons and affected patients alike, curtailing the risks of mortality and morbidity, while improving outcomes and reducing cost.
Market Set to Grow 2.2X between 2019 and 2029
Healthcare providers are embracing disposable products as safer, effective, and economic alternatives to reusable counterparts, with the focus on preventing infection and cross-contamination. As the healthcare industry moves toward outcome-based models, usage of sterilization equipment and individual packaging continue to gain centerstage – complementing the already growing traction of disposables.
Emerging Countries – Second Wave of Growth
North America and Europe lead the way in the disposable spinal instruments landscape, however, emerging markets are expected to hold high growth potential moving forward. Growing number of spinal surgeries and high adoption of minimally invasive spine technologies has significantly upheld the sales of disposable spinal instruments in these markets, along with the acceptance of sustained-release drug-delivery products among healthcare settings.
How Growth will Unfold
Traction of the disposable spinal instruments continues to grow as low-cost, and reduced-risk solutions, aiding the efforts of care providers on improving patient outcomes. Stakeholders are investing in advancing their product designs and expanding their additive manufacturing capabilities.
By Product Type
- Instrument Kits
- Spinal Fusion
- Decompression Surgeries
By End User
- Orthopaedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa