Disposable Masks Market By Product Type (Surgical, Respirator, Dust), Closure Type (Earloop Closure, Headband Closure ,Tie Closure) & Region - Forecast to 2019 - 2027
Disposable Masks Market - Analysis, Outlook, Growth, Trends, Forecasts
- March 2020
- 250 pages
- Consumer Product
DISPOSABLE MASK MARKET - KEY RESEARCH FINDINGS
- The global disposable mask market will expand at a CAGR of 7.1% over 2020-2030.
- The disposable mask market has noticeable demand from the healthcare sector.
- Earloop disposable face masks are likely to contribute significantly to the market growth during the forecast period.
- Respirators to register a high growth rate during the forecast period.
- Key manufacturers are making investments to enhance their production capacities to fulfill the increasing demand
- East Asian region is likely to continue to dominate the face disposable market during the forecast period. COVID-19 impact regions in North America and Europe also likely to register growth.
KEY FACTORS SHAPING DISPOSABLE MASK MARKET
Pandemic outbreak fueling demand for masks in the market:
During a pandemic outbreak, a face mask is essential to reduce the risk of infection. The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak has resulted in panic buying. This has raised the demand for face masks in the market. There currently exists a demand and supply gap in the disposable face mask market and so organizations are working for extended hours to bridge the demand and supply gap in the disposable mask market.
To fight the pandemic, governments of different countries have announced the classification of face masks under essential categories and also made it compulsory for the citizens to wear masks to prevent the spread of the virus. All of these measures are likely to boost the demand for disposable face masks in the market during the forecast period.
Increasing concerns of health care workers
Rising concerns for the safety of health care professionals are likely to boost the demand for disposable face masks in the market. Governments have taken numerous actions for the safety of their health care workers as they are working in the front line treating patients and are more exposed to infections and viruses that may prove fatal to their life. So the demand from the health care sectors is likely to surge during the forecast period.
Increasing investments by governments of different countries to strengthen their country’s health care sector.
The governments across different regions are increasingly funding healthcare activities to strengthen the health care systems. Besides this, governments and organizations are also making significant investments in healthcare-related research and development.
The Governments of China, The United States, South Korea, The United Kingdom, and many other regions have recently announced significant funding and investments in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. These investments made to strengthen the health care systems are likely to impact the market positively by opening the doors to new opportunities for the players in the disposable mask market.
DISPOSABLE MASKS MARKET : STRUCTURE ANALYSIS
- Some of the disposable mask market players are Kimberly-Clark Corporation, 3M Company, Besco Medical Limited, Honeywell international Inc., Valmy SAS, Ansell, Moldex Corporation, Uvex Group, Kowa Company Ltd, SAS Safety Corporation, Kwalitex Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Eagle Health Holdings Limited, Medicom Group.
- High e-Commerce penetration is a major factor contributing to market growth. Companies have revamped
- Unexpected rise in demand has resulted in emergence of many small and medium scale manufacturers in the market. The existing large scale manufacturers have also revamped their production lines to fulfiil the increasing demand. The company 3M is one such example that has increased its production capacity to meet the increasing demand of N95 masks in the market.
- Base year considered - 2020
- Actual estimates/Historical data - 2015 - 2019
- Forecast period - 2020 - 2030
- Forecast units - Value (USD) Bn
- Segments covered - Product type, application, closure, sales channel and regions
- Regions covered - North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Key Players - Kimberly-Clark Corporation, 3M Company, Besco Medical Limited, Honeywell international Inc., Valmy SAS, Ansell, Moldex Corporation, Uvex Group, Kowa Company Ltd, SAS Safety Corporation, Kwalitex Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Eagle Health Holdings Limited, Medicom Group.
- Market drivers -
- Healthcare campaigns promoting health related awareness
- Government regulations enforced to mandate the use of masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Increasing air pollution affecting health
- Report coverage - Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Dust Disposable Masks Showcase Significant CAGR of 8.4%
Companies are now offering innovative products with new materials and features to cater the customer demand. The innovative dust disposable masks are catching customer’s attraction and thus are witnessing significant growth. The affordability, ease of availability, and increasing pollution are significantly boosting sales of the dust disposable mark. Moreover, increasing product penetration in developing countries through e-Commerce sales channels is positively influencing the growth of the global disposable masks market.
Opportunities Abound in Developing Regional Markets
East Asia is expected to expand at a significantly higher CAGR during the forecast period in the global disposable masks market. Growing consumer awareness regarding personal hygiene, rise in air pollution, and significantly growing healthcare industry is creating demand for disposable masks among the population especially the millennials and younger generation in the region.
Consumers in the country are demanding more sophisticated products allow companies to seek new claims, materials, dermatological supports, and certifications in the disposable masks market. Small and medium scale players in the developing countries are coming up with new and innovative products and selling them at economic prices.
They are significantly engaged in partnerships with drug stores, department stores, and third party online sales channels to increase sales of their products among customers. This is helping the disposable masks market to grow at a substantial rate over the forecast period.
Prominent Players are Significantly Introducing Disposable Masks Made of Sustainable Materials.
Players in the disposable mask market are significantly engaged in using sustainable materials such as organic cotton to manufacture disposable masks. Companies are also significantly investing in research and development activities to increase the effective life of disposable masks as the demand for such masks are increasing among people working in contact with chemicals. Moreover, the increasing trend of using sustainable disposable masks and dermatological recommendations regarding the same are significantly boosting sales of disposable masks across the world.
How Growth will Unfold
The government initiatives and healthcare campaigns are significantly increasing awareness of disposable masks among end-users. Thus the use of personal disposable masks is thus increasing among customers. On the other hand, increasing retail space and e-Commerce penetration is significantly boosting sales of disposable masks for personal use. This is expected to fuel the growth of the overall disposable masks market.
DISPOSABLE MASKS MARKET TAXONOMY
The global disposable masks market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to readers.
- Earloop Closure
- Headband Closure
- Tie Closure
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa