KEY FACTORS SHAPING DISPOSABLE CUTLERY MARKET
Fast-paced Lifestyle and On-the-Go Meal Trend to Propel Growth of Disposable Cutlery Market
The global disposable cutlery market growth is fuelled by the expansion of quick service restaurants, which rely heavily on disposable packaging suitable for foodservice. Apart from restaurants and cafes, disposable cutlery is expected to witness lucrative growth opportunities from end users such as cinemas, catering, and other such places that offer ready-to-eat and on-the-go meals. Other factors that are likely to provide momentum to the growth of disposable cutlery market are increased demand for gourmet coffee and specialty cold drinks.
The foodservice industry is expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period, owing to improvements in the economic condition of developing countries, adoption of fast-paced lifestyles, and rapid urbanization. The On-the-go meal trend is gaining traction across a lot of countries. This is expected to create a steady demand for disposable cutlery in the foreseeable future.
Growth of Home Delivery and Online Foodservice Platforms to Benefit Manufacturers
There has been a considerable shift in the consumer consumption patterns in the food and beverages sector. On an average, online food delivery platforms in emerging countries such as India, offer over 40% return on investment. This is leading to an intense competition across food delivery platforms among food service companies, and ensuring lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of food disposables and single-use cutleries.
Consumer preference for takeaway or ready-to-eat food is increasing particularly in emerging economies, attributable to the growing disposable incomes. Moreover, corporate work culture increases adoption of out-of-home food habits, which is also anticipated to strengthen growth of the disposable cutlery market over the forecast period.
Increasing Preference for Wood-based Disposable Cutlery to Boost Sales
In recent years, there has been a rise in demand for biodegradable disposable cutlery made from wood due to imposition of stringent laws and regulations against the use of plastic disposable cutlery. Nowadays, consumers prefer eco-friendly disposable cutlery made from wood for food service. This is expected to boost adoption of wooden disposable cutlery in the foreseeable future.
- In 2018, KFC, McDonald's, and several other fast food chains stopped using plastic disposable cutlery and straws in several countries including India, Singapore, and France. All these fast food chains now use wooden disposable cutlery and paper straws as a replacement for plastic disposable cutlery and straws.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
Disposable Cutlery Market Analysis
- Key players which operating in the global disposable cutlery market include Huhtamäki Oyj, Pactiv LLC, Georgia-Pacific LLC, Dart Container Corporation, Biopac UK Ltd, Novolex Holdings, Inc., Genpak, LLC, D&W Fine Pack LLC, Vegware Ltd, Gold Plast SpA, Hotpack Group, DOpla S.p.A., Anchor Packaging Inc., Fast Plast A/S, and I.L.P.A. S.p.A. Group.
- Several manufacturers are focusing on increasing their customer base by innovating in terms of using environment-friendly materials. For instance,
- Biopac UK Ltd introduced a new range of disposable cutlery made from renewable corn starch. This cutlery can be easily disposed by industrial composting. The range of disposable cutlery includes knives, forks, dessert spoons, and teaspoons, all embossed with a compostable message.
- Dart Container Corporation introduced a new line of ‘Cheeky’ products, including paper plates and bowls, coloured disposable cutlery, and cup and lid combo packages.
- Anchor Packaging Inc. launched a new product line for disposable cutlery, ‘Culinary Classics’, which includes redesigned products that are available with a perforated and hinged lid. This product line is recyclable and reusable.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DISPOSABLE CUTLERY MARKET
What are future prospects for the disposable cutlery market?
The disposable cutlery market is anticipated to witness a steady demand, and is projected to generate an incremental opportunity of more than US$ 1 Bn by 2028.
Which region is expected to generate the highest sales in the disposable cutlery market?
The APEJ region is expected to witness maximum growth in the global disposable cutlery market, attributable to the increasing number of foodservice outlets and the ongoing on-the-go meal trend. Fast-paced lifestyles, increasing disposable incomes, and easy access to retail outlets have further fueled the demand for disposable cutlery in this region.
Which end users offer high growth prospects for manufacturers?
The foodservice industry is estimated to hold the lion’s share in the global disposable cutlery market, and is projected to remain the most lucrative segment throughout the forecast period. Moreover, the foodservice industry is expected to generate an impressive incremental opportunity in the next five years, as disposable cutlery is suitable for ‘grab-on-the-go’ consumption.
What is the intensity of competition in the disposable cutlery market?
The intensity of competition in the global disposable cutlery market is expected to be high during the forecast period. Huhtamaki Oyj, Pactiv LLC, Georgia-Pacific LLC, Dart Container Corporation, and D&W Fine Pack LLC are the leading players in the global disposable cutlery market and hold nearly 15-20% of the market share.
How will wood-based disposable cutlery create new value-adding business opportunities for market players?
Shifting preference towards biodegradable and sustainable products has fueled the demand for wood-based disposable cutlery. This demand is further fueled by imposition of stringent laws and regulations against the use of plastic disposable cutlery by governments in various countries. Several fast-food chains have opted to cut down their plastic usage, and are switching to wood-based disposable cutlery. This shift is projected to create new growth opportunities for players in the disposable cutlery market.
What are the key factors shaping the dynamics of disposable cutlery market?
Fast-paced lifestyles, and high demand for eco-friendly disposable cutlery from the foodservice industry is anticipated to boost the sales of disposable cutlery. Companies are focused on introducing products with new textures, graphics (on-pack promotions), eye-catchy colours, and innovative designs to influence consumer purchases and differentiate their product offerings in the intensely competitive market.
The global disposable cutlery market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present complete market intelligence to readers.
- Die Cutting
- Injection Molding
- Food Service
- Schools & Offices
- Direct Sales
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Discount Stores
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excl. Japan
- Middle East & Africa