This Spinal Access Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Spinal Access Systems market.
Spinal Access Systems: Market Insights
A spinal access system market is anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period. The market for spinal access systems is categorized based on the types of technology and products. Based on technology, the spinal access systems market can be further subdivided into non-fusion, spinal fusion and fixation technology, spinal decompression technology, vertebral compression technology, and others. The products segment of the spinal access systems market can further be subdivided into cervical fusion devices, thoracic fusion, spine bone stimulators, dynamic stabilization, vertebral compression fracture devices, and spine biologics. Generally, spinal fusion technologies are most preferred and are being used for the treatment of spinal disorders including herniated discs and others. However, in recent times the spinal access systems market is witnessing a drift towards nonfusion technologies so as to restore spinal stability with spine mobility. On the contrary, in some cases, spinal access systems are associated with loss of motion and deterioration of adjacent vertebral levels. Thus, due to significant issues hooked with spinal access systems, most of the manufacturers are working on motion preservation technologies including motion nucleus disc replacement, dynamic stabilization, and others
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Spinal Access Systems: Market Dynamics
The designing of the spinal access systems allows the transportation of the patient and intraoperative adjustments of the patient position. Some of the key factors contributing for the market growth of spinal access systems that includes an increase in prevalence and subsequent treatment rates of degenerative spine deformities, increasing elderly population, medical technology advancements, and increasing demand for minimally invasive procedures. Improper diet and declining bone density make geriatric populations susceptible to spinal injuries. Thus increase in the geriatric population is also significant for the growth of the spinal access systems market.
Technological advancements and new product developments such as minimally invasive spinal access systems and the number of pipeline products represent the largest market opportunity for spinal access systems market. However, lack of awareness and skilled health care professional to handle orthopedic, trauma involving spinal cord is a major reason hampering the spinal access systems market growth.
Spinal Access Systems: Overview
According to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) in the U.S in 2011, approximately 465,000 spinal surgeries were performed. Out of many surgeries performed, majority was for lumbar fusion, followed by cervical fusion and remaining for thoracic fusion procedures. Likewise, in 2009, worldwide number of spinal procedural volume was recorded more than 2.8 million. Thus, increase in number of spinal surgeries is one of the major reasons held responsible for the growth of spinal access systems market. Additionally, aging population and increasing obesity rate worldwide is also anticipated to fuel the growth of spinal access systems market. Likewise, rapid adoption of minimally invasive surgeries requiring wide use of spinal access systems is likely to facilitate the performance of surgeries at reduced cost and at a less time.
Spinal Access Systems: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, spinal access systems Market is divided into eight regions viz. North-America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe Asia- Pacific excluding China & Japan, China, Japan and Middle-East & Africa. North America’s spinal access systems market is expanding because of high rate of spine injuries and is anticipated to remain dominant over the forecast period due to better healthcare facilities and expenditure. Middle East and Africa spinal access systems market is anticipated to grow at an average rate due to poor healthcare system Due to the increasing geriatric population and increased awareness of spinal disorders, Asia Pacific countries will also witness gentle growth in spinal access systems Market.
Spinal Access Systems: Key Market Participants
Some of the key players present in the global spinal access systems market include highly competitive d players who are adopting different strategies to gain a significant market share. Some of the major players dominating the spinal access systems market are Schaerer Medical USA, Boston Scientific Corporation, DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Spine Wave Inc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, NuVasive®, Inc., Globus Medical Inc., K2M, Inc, and others. In addition, the presence of small and local manufacturers across China and India will account for competitiveness in spinal access systems market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Spinal Access Systems Market Segments
- Spinal Access Systems Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Spinal Access Systems Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2026
- Spinal Access Systems Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Spinal Access Systems Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding China and Japan
- Middle East & Africa
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Spinal Access Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Spinal Access Systems: Segmentation
On the basis of Product Type, the global Spinal Access Systems Market is segmented into
- Retractor Systems
- Midline Retractor Systems
- Anterior Retractor Systems
- Pedicle Based Retractor Systems
- Accessories and Consumables
On the basis of Application Type, the global Spinal Access Systems Market is segmented into
On the basis of End User Type, the global Spinal Access Systems Market is segmented into
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size, recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Spinal Access Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Spinal Access Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Spinal Access Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Spinal Access Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)