This Decanol market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Decanol market.
Global Decanol Market: Introduction
Decanol is a straight chain fatty alcohol used in the manufacture of solvents, plasticizers, surfactants, and lubricants. It is a colorless viscous liquid with a strong odor and is insoluble in water. The other names for decanol are decyl alcohol and decatyl alcohol. Decanol is used as a lubricant oil additive, a plastic lubricant and aluminum rolling lubricant in the lubricants industry. As lubricants, decanol is used to keep the machine parts dry owing to their faster evaporation rate. Decanol has the ability to permeate the skin, so it also finds the wide area of application in the pharmaceutical industry as a penetration enhancer. Decanol is also used in conditioners, lotions, and creams in the personal care industry. In surfactants, decanol is used in many applications such as shower gels, liquid soaps, fabric softeners, laundry detergents etc. Decanol has the property of biodegradability and therefore it degrades in the environment. However, decanol is intensely toxic and harmful to aquatic life. Decanol also causes mild skin irritation when exposed in large quantity to the skin. Decanol is also substantially used in the coatings and cleaning agents.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Rising urbanization, increasing penetration of pharmaceutical industries and ageing population are the main influencers to drive the shifting consumer preferences. The decanol market is observing growth owing to the increasing saturation of surfactant-based industries such as soaps and detergents, oil & gas, personal care and cosmetics, textiles, etc. In addition to this, the decanol market is also witnessing growth owing to the wide-area consumption of fatty alcohols and flexibility in feedstock availability in the emerging economies. The increasing purchasing power of the middle class and the growing urbanization boosts the domestic and industrial cleaning across the globe thereby, driving the decanol market globally.
The demand for decanol is driven owing to their substantial and effective use in manufacturing surfactants and as lubricant additives with mineral oil. The increased consumption of decanol in the manufacturing of soaps and detergents which are used as cleaning agents in residential, commercial and industrial sectors will create growth opportunities for the decanol market during the forecast period. In addition to this, the increased demand for the industrial and household sanitation is also anticipated to enhance the growth of decanol market.
As the concerns regarding the effect of petrochemicals on the environment have provoked the use of sustainable chemicals. The trend to reduce dependence on petrochemicals and to decrease carbon footprint, a shift towards the development of base chemicals and biodegradable products through bio-based raw materials is observed.
The extensive research and development programs and increasing cost of production to comply with the quality of products is a major restraint for the decanol market. In most of the countries, the adoption of stringent regulatory guidelines is expected to increase, as well as, a ban on variable cost parameters and key raw ingredients might hamper the potential growth of the decanol market.
Global Decanol Market: Segmentation
Global Decanol Market: Region-wise Outlook
The global decanol market is segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa and Latin America. The global market for decanol is expected to grow during the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is projected to dominate the decanol market owing to the increasing demand for personal care products. India and China are expected to be the prominent consumer of decanol in the Asia-pacific region owing to the presence of established end-use industries in the countries of these emerging economies. The growth of polymer processing industries in North America and Europe is expected to fuel the demand of the decanol market.
Global Decanol Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players identified across the value chain of the Global decanol market are: Sasol, Royal Dutch Shell Plc., Kao Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Global Green Chemicals Public Company Limited, Musim Mas Holdings, Emery Oleochemicals, Suriachem Sdn Bhd, Asean Oleochemical Manufacturers Group, Finetech Industry Limited, VVF (India) Ltd, TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd, Syntree Inc, Tractus.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Decanol Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By application, the global decanol market can be segmented into:
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Decanol Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Decanol Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Decanol Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Decanol Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.