This Dermatome Device market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dermatome Device market.
Dermatome device is an instrument used in surgeries to slice down skin portions from the donor area to make skin grafts. It is a mechanical or a power-driven device that sections dermis or epidermis for grafting. Trauma and Grade 3 burn patients require skin constitution which is done by the dermatome device. It is also used in general as well paediatric plastic surgeries. Skin grafting is one of the most majorly used techniques in plastic surgery. A dermatome device is also used for excising small lesions. It is operated electrically as well as manually.
According to the American Burn Association, there were approximately 3,390 deaths from fire, of which 2,800 were from residential structure fires, 85 from unclassified & outside fires and 150 from non-residential structure fires. There has been an increase in the number of burn injuries that require the reconstitution of the burnt area with skin patches, which is done by dermatome devices. Dermatome devices comes in three types: knife dermatome devices, drum dermatome devices and motor-driven dermatome devices.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Dermatome Device Market: Drivers and Restraints-
Increase in the number of diabetes and burn cases is one of the most vital factors boosting the dermatome device market. Technological advancements in these devices and an increase in the number of pressure ulcers, burn injuries & skin infections are also among factors contributing to the growth of the dermatome devices market. Dermatome devices have evolved with their skin grafting systems since the 19th century. Efficient & more accurate results and the usage of exchangeable blades for better control is also expected to contribute to the growth of the dermatome device market.
However, countries with low GDP income per capita and poor healthcare facilities, assessment &expenditure are likely to hamper the growth of the dermatome device market. The efficient usage of a dermatome device depends upon the skill of the surgeon. However, manual inefficiency is likely to lead to undesired thickness, which is likely to result in complications. This is another factor that is expected to hamper the growth of the dermatome device market.
Dermatome Device Market: Overview
The global dermatome device market has witnessed growth due to an increase in the demand for skin grafting procedures. Burn injury is one of the major trauma injuries that cause almost 265,000 deaths per year. As per WHO, high-income countries have a lower number of cases of deaths due to burns. Developments in medical facilities, healthcare infrastructure, accessibility and affordability are among factors expected to fuel the growth of the dermatome device market over the forecast period. Watson knife is expected to be the fastest-growing segment due to the better precision offered by these products. Ambulatory surgical centres take care of trauma cases that include burns, and an increase in the incidence of burn injuries is expected to lead to the growth of this segment over the period of forecast. Padgett dermatome device is expected to dominate the drum dermatome device segment owing to the improved calibration of this product and its ability to offer better control of exchangeable blades.
Dermatome Device Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, the dermatome device market has been segmented into eight regions: North-America, Asia- Pacific excluding China & Japan, China, Japan, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin America and Middle-East & Africa. The North America dermatome device market is growing because of high purchasing power and high adoption rate, and it is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period due to good healthcare facilities and expenditure. According to a WHO report, maximum burn injury cases are found in the South-East Asia region. Regions with low GDP income per capita are at a higher risk and are anticipated to fuel the demand for dermatome devices over the forecast period.
Dermatome Device Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the market participants in the global dermatome device market identified across the value chain include: Nouvag AG; Zimmer Biomet; Integra; DeSoutter Medical; Aygun Surgical Instruments Co., Inc.; Davies; Gateway; Integra LifeSciences; B.Braun Melsungen AG; Robbins Instruments, Inc.; Surtex Instruments Ltd. and Shaanxi Xingmao Industry Co., Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dermatome Device Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Dermatome Device Market: Segmentation
The dermatome device market has been segmented on the basis of products, end users and geography.
On the basis of product type the dermatome device market can be segmented as:
- Drum Dermatome Device
- Reese Dermatome Device
- Padgett Dermatome Device
- Knife Dermatome Device
- Watson Knife Dermatome Device
- Brown Knife Dermatome Device
- Cobbett Knife Dermatome Device
- Electric Dermatome Device
- Air Dermatome Device
On the basis of end user, the dermatome device market can be segmented as:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Dermatology Clinics
On the basis of geography, the dermatome device market can be segmented as:
- North- America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia-Pacific excluding China & Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Dermatome Device Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Dermatome Device Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Dermatome Device Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Dermatome Device Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)