The correct approach to digital transformation in supply chain involves integration of suitable technologies into revamped operational processes. Digital transformation in supply chain demands combination of operational improvements with speculative changes to be pursued over time.
This assessment is required to consider whether technologies and operations are adequately integrated, and if the end-user has organizational structure and talent strategies to favor innovations and continuous enhancements.
Furthermore, the roadmap to digital transformation in supply chain has compressed time frames, due to the easy and quick scale-up abilities of latest digital solutions.
Digital Transformation in Supply Chain: Market Dynamics
Disparities between actual and potential gains from digital transformation in supply chain are explained by management choices and technology gaps. Gaps in technology implementation have occurred as digital transformation in supply chain operations started to lag after the initial burst in rate of innovation.
This initial crest yielded supply chain technologies that helped companies enhance analytical practices, expand capabilities of particular systems, and streamline routine activities. These technologies have been very valuable, but did not perform the promised sophisticated functions and operations aimed at achieving complete digital transformation in supply chain management.
Technology innovations have taken some time to coalesce into new solutions. However, now that improved digital solutions for supply chain management have been made available, end-users can enhance in their supply chain performances.
Seizing the opportunity to enhance supply chain performances has proven surprisingly challenging for many end-users. These end-users have overlooked the operational changes that would enable them take full advantage of the potential promised by digital technologies.
For instance, companies are upgrading their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to counter declines in supply chain servicing. However, these service levels have continued to decline until end-users reworked operational and analytical processes like demand forecasting.
Operational modifications without complementary technology enhancements are equally problematic as another instance of a large-sized consumer goods provider suggests.
Digital transformation in supply chain and operational changes helped this company enhance service levels. However, the company’s service levels soon reverted to showcasing lag as the infrastructure was not in place to support the digital transformation and changes in operations.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak on Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Market
During the ongoing crisis, some easy and economically feasible digital transformation initiatives are helping end-users sustain in the market. For instance, many end-users have started transitioning outdated warehousing and delivery paper processes towards digital variants.
End-users with access to capital are deploying robotics solutions that support labor. Such companies are also adopting Internet of Things (IoT) and sensing technologies for enhanced asset tracking.
Other companies are incorporating the use of advanced analytics to improve supply and demand forecasting accuracies by almost 60%. Companies with resilient supply chain possess higher potential to meet consumer demands in the current shifting market landscape.
Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key service providers in the global digital transformation in supply chain market are
- Tata Consultancy Services
- EMC Corporation
- Wipro Ltd.
- SAP SE
Following are some key strategies incorporated by companies competing in the global digital transformation in supply chain market:
- Digital transformation in supply chain providers are expanding their product and service portfolios. These vendors are focused on developing new technologies and supplying extensive services to attract new clientele.
- Software developers are enhancing their sales structure and distribution channels to enhance their reach towards emerging economies, while maintaining their relationships with existing clientele.
Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Market: Regional overview
Currently, the digital transformation in supply chain market in North America is leading the global market. This dominance may be owed to accelerated adoption of supply chain technologies in manufacturing and consumer electronics industries.
Digital transformation in supply chain market in Southeast Asia Pacific region is expected to record the fastest growth over the forecast period, followed by the Latin American market. Increase in demand for efficient warehousing technologies, especially in India and China, is propelling digital transformation in supply chain in the Asia Pacific region.
The Digital Transformation in Supply Chain market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Market Segments
- Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Market Dynamics
- Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition and Companies Involved in the Market
- Technology Landscape
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, South Korea, Japan)
- South Asia & Pacific (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of South Asia & Pacific)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, South Africa, Res of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent Digital Transformation in Supply Chain market
- Changing Digital Transformation in Supply Chain market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of Digital Transformation in Supply Chain market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Digital Transformation in Supply Chain Market: Segmentation
- Digital Content Management
- Digital Asset and Intellectual Property Management
- Distribution and Tracking Solutions
- Production and Planning System
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Digital Rights and Royalties Management
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
- Retail & CPG
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.