This Drone Delivery Services market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Drone Delivery Services market.
Drone Delivery Services Market: Introduction
Last mile delivery is the very inefficient and unproductive part in today’s e-Commerce supply chains. E-Commerce businesses are continuously looking for solutions to cut last mile delivery times and minimize the cost associated with it. E-Commerce giants like Amazon are investing heavily in advanced technologies associated with artificial intelligence, robots, drones etc. The concept of drone delivery services has begun with Amazon announcement in December 2013, delivery system designed to get packages to the customer end in less than 30 minutes using miniature unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) technology, which is still in prototype phase. Recently in June 2016, JD.com was one of the two top e-Commerce businesses by online transactions and revenue in China has started the delivery of e-Commerce packages using drones. Many other logistics and e-Commerce businesses are focusing on these delivery options. DHL e-Commerce division has got the clearance for its newly-developed drone “Parcelcopter” by Indian Govt. and soon one may see their drones flying around. The Weather Company, an IBM Business, one of the largest private weather enterprises in the world is joining hand with AirMap to deliver hyperlocal weather data. Domino’s Pizzas want to use the DomiCopter to deliver its hot pizzas and Taobao marketplace an online customer to customer and ecommerce platform has trailing tea deliveries in China. As the drone delivery services market expands overtime, it is anticipated that the trend of out sourcing delivery services by e-Commerce businesses to other businesses that own and operates a drone fleet. At present, the drones are developed in house or in association with some research & development organizations. The market is expected to witness entry of many new startups.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Drone Delivery Services: Market Dynamics
At present, the drone delivery services market is in its introduction stage. The operations costs are high due to the fact that it’s a new technology and the limitation on carrying weights. The common weight carried by drones’ ranges between 1 to 12 Kg. The delivery distance ranges up to maximum 12 to 15 kms. The lack of sophisticated battery technology is hampering the drone delivery services market. Drone delivery services players are increasingly focusing on making batteries cheaper and efficient. The immature and complex regulations related to drone delivery services is the other restraint factor hampering the growth of drone delivery services market. Still, some countries have not drafted the regulations and some are on the way. For e.g., the Government of India is drafting the drone delivery services regulations and it is expected to be ready by year 2018. The main advantage of drone delivery services market is access to a huge untapped e-Commerce market opportunity in rural places. In populous countries like India and China, majority of the population still lives in rural part. Drones provides access to remote areas and cut the operations costs. With the drone delivery services, the customer is not necessarily pre informed and wait for receiving his packages. Drone delivery will improve the instant gratification at consumer end and it will provide a competitive edge for businesses.
Drone Delivery Services Market: Regional outlook
Drone delivery services market has been segmented on the basis of region into North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Japan. North America is expected to dominate the overall global drone delivery services market, followed by Western Europe. This is due to increasing investments, launching of new startups related to drone delivery services market. China, South Korea and India are expected to drive the APEJ drone delivery services market.
Drone Delivery Services Market: Key players
Some of the players associated with the global drone delivery services market are SenseFly Ltd., Airware, Inc., DroneDeploy Inc., Sharper Shape Inc., Sky Futures Ltd., Cyberhawk Innovations Ltd., Aerobo, DroneCloud, Sentera, LLC, Agribotix LLC, Amazon.com, Inc., JD.com, Inc., Deutsche Post DHL and Others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Drone Delivery Services Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Drone Delivery Services: Market Segmentation
The drone delivery services market is segmented on the basis of delivery distance, propellers and end-use.
On the basis of delivery distance (range), the global drone delivery services market is segmented into:
- Close Range Drones
- Short Range Drones
- Mid-Range Drones
- Endurance Drones
Based on the number of propellers, the global drone delivery services market is segmented into:
Based on the end use, global drone delivery services market is segmented into:
- Weather Monitoring
- Emergency Aids
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Drone Delivery Services Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Drone Delivery Services Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Drone Delivery Services Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Drone Delivery Services Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)