Flax seeds also known as linseed is rich in omega-3 fats, fiber, and protein improves digestion, regulates blood sugar level, and work as anti-carcinogenic. Flaxseed contains around 18% of protein, which is then used as animal feed or as ingredients in food and beverages and dietary supplements.
Kazakhstan is the largest producer of flaxseed, followed Russia and China. In the global market, Russia and Canada are the top exporters of flaxseed. Asia-Pacific is the largest market for the flax-based protein market, whereas, North America is expected to witness a rapid growth rate. Globally, the flax-based protein market is expected to grow with a double-digit growth rate.
Key Players in the global market such as Cargill has dedicated brands for the production of flax-based protein specifically for cattle. As flax-based protein is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, it provides a good nutritional value for the production of good quality beef. This feature of flax-based protein is one of the crucial market drivers as the vegan population will be choosing the alternative as a good nutrient source.
Wide Application Bolstering Market
Flaxseeds are traditionally used for rectifying digestive issues. As awareness about the nutrient value of flaxseed among manufacturers and consumers is increasing, the market is expected to witness considerable growth.
With an increasing population with a sedentary lifestyle, consumers prefer easy to cook food which is as well nutritious in value. To satisfy the nutritional requirements, there is a boom in the market of smoothies as Flax-based protein powder is a vital nutritious ingredient, which gives nutty texture and neutral flavor.
In recent times, consumers are following the trend of consuming superfoods. Flax-based protein is considered as superfood owing to its high nutritious value and gaining traction in the global market as it is easily available. Flax-based protein is gaining market traction as it is a nutritious vegan substitute for meat-based protein.
Flax-based protein is catering to the increasing vegan population as flax is a non-dairy source of high protein content that can be administered in the diet in the form of dietary supplements, sports nutrition, convenience food, bakery and confectionery, and more.
Key Players of Global Flax-based Protein
Some of the prime players of Global Flax-based Protein Market are
- Sprout Living
- Glanbia plc
- Clearspring Ltd
- Austrade Inc.
- Leader Foods OY
- All Organic Treasures GmbH
- Omega Protein Corporation
- Organica Vita Ltd
- Quadra Chemicals Ltd
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Cargill Incorporated
- TA Foods Ltd.
- Richardson International Ltd.
- S.S Johnson Seeds
- AgMotion Speciality Grains
- CanMAr Grain Products Ltd.
- Simosis International
- Stokke Seeds
- Sunnyville Farms Ltd.
Development and Innovation by Manufacturers
Manufacturers are promoting flax-based protein as a gluten-free product to their consumer base, and hence increasing. This increase in production is in response to the increasing population affected by celiac disease.
Flax-based protein has a good opportunity to grow serving the inflating vegan population globally. In the segment of nature, organic flax-based protein has a high opportunity to grow in the market, owing to its demand from the consumer base. Manufacturers are innovating to produce non-GMO flax-based protein, and are also aiming to acquire major certifications so as to claim the quality of the product and process of production.
As consumers are now more conscious of the diet and food they intake, manufacturers are identifying and responding to the demand by producing customized flax-based protein blends, catalyzing weight loss. For catering the population manufacturers have developed flax-based protein cereal mix, cracker, bread, energy bars, and more.
The Report Covers Exhaustive Analysis on:
- Flax-based Protein market segment
- Flax-based Protein market dynamics
- Flax-based Protein market size
- Flax-based Protein supply and demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges pertaining to Flax-based Protein market
- Competition landscape and emerging market participants in Flax-based Protein market
- Technology related to production/processing of Flax-based Protein
- Value chain analysis of the Flax-based Protein market
Regional Analysis Includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The Flax-based Protein market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the Flax-based Protein market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Flax-based Protein Market Report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the Flax-based Protein market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the Flax-based Protein market
Flax-based Protein: Market Segmentation
- Brown Flaxseed
- Golden Flaxseed
- Energy & Sports Nutrition
- Dairy Products
- Bakery and Confectionaries
- Convenience Food
- Personal Care Products
- Online Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Retail Stores
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.