Key Research Findings
- Affinity chromatography continues to be among the most commonly used techniques by biopharmaceutical companies, and protein A resins have been the preferred viable medium for chromatography.
- Global protein A resins market will reach the valuation of around US$ 800 Mn towards the end of 2025.
- Rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancers is pushing the investments in R&D of effective drug development, thereby driving demand for protein A resins as a chromatography medium.
- Upsurge in demand for monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) to be utilized in better treatment of chronic diseases continues to play a pivotal role in fueling the growth of protein A resins market.
- Increasing involvement of biopharma companies in large-scale production of mAbs is working in favor of the protein A resins market.
Key Factors Shaping Protein A Resins Market
Vital Role in Chronic Disease Diagnosis
Rising need for early diagnosis of chronic diseases, coupled with growing demand for drugs with increased efficacy and lesser side effects, is majorly responsible for the growth of protein A resins market. Biopharma companies continue to put greater emphasis on enhancing clinical outcomes of their products, which remains a primary factor that drives demand for protein A resins to be used as a chromatography medium for mAb purification from biological fluids.
Improved Stability for More Stringent Cleaning-in-Place Protocols
Evolution of protein A resins over the years has led to a highly specific binding with high affinity of protein A to immunoglobulins. Protein A further binds to the Fc-fusion proteins and Fc-region of mAbs. Operators in chromatography resins market, and more precisely those in the protein A resins market, leverage these properties of these natural affinity ligands throughout the development of resins. Biopharma companies further refine these high-affinity ligands to cater to rising demand.
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.
The COVID-19 Impact
The global COVID-19 pandemic has compelled biopharma companies, drug developers, and research institutes to scale back on other diagnostic segments but novel coronavirus disease. Moreover, research interests of the industry are showcasing a major shift from research on chronic disease treatment to emergency COVID-19 treatment. This temporary shift in industry’s priorities will influence the growth of protein A resins market in near term.
Regional Analysis of Protein A Resins Market
The first wave of growth is led by developed markets. North America and Europe remain at the forefront of global protein A resins market on the back of strong presence of key players and robust expenditure on R&D activities. With a measurable surge in R&D investments by private research organizations as well as government entities further strengthen the market in developed regions.
However, key manufacturers of protein A resins are now eyeing opportunities in developing countries of Asia Pacific that have rapidly developed a fertile ground for establishment of a number of biopharma companies. Proliferation of several autoimmune disease and orphan drug segments also plays a significant role in upholding the market growth outlook in this region.
Japan is also a highly lucrative market for protein A resins manufacturers, particularly owing to higher adoption of biologics, in addition to substantial R&D expenditure. Japan’s expanding geriatric population is generating greater need for availability of economical drugs, pointing to a new opportunity for market players operating in Japan.
Protein A Resins Market Structure Analysis
The global protein A resins market shows a high level of consolidation, where a few number of large multinational manufacturers compete on the basis of product innovation and development strategies. Given consideration to consolidated nature of the market, key players are targeted towards specialized supply chain, distribution efficiencies, and benefits from high price point.
In order to stay ahead of the pack, manufacturers are also focusing on offering quality-based parameters, increased functionally, and customization. However, it is pertinent to note that high cost associated with protein A resins and lack of standardization have added to reluctance of several end users, especially in low- and mid-income countries.
- Base Year
- Historical Period
- Forecast Period
- Forecast Units
- Value (USD) Bn
- Segments Covered
- Product, Application, Form, and Region
- Regions Covered
- North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania and MEA
- Key Companies
- Bioniche Animal Health, Fort Dodge Animal Health, Bayer Animal Health, Elanco Animal Health, Ceva Sante Animale S.A., Merck Animal Health, Virbac Animal Health, Zoetis, Inc., Merial, Phibro Animal Health Corp., and Novartis Animal Health.
- Report coverage
- Revenue forecast, company share, competitive landscape, growth factors, and trends.
By Product Type
- Natural Protein A resin
- Recombinant protein A resin
- Antibody Purification Glass or Silica Based
By Matrix Type
- Agarose based matrix
- Glass or Silica Based ECG
- Organic Polymer Based
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
By End Users
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Clinical Research Laboratories
- Academic Institutes