This Advances Protein Antibody Engineering market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Advances Protein Antibody Engineering market.
Advances in Protein/Antibody Engineering: A New Frontier for Biomedical Therapeutics
Over the years, greater knowledge of proteins along with convergence of biology and computer science have helped researchers develop innovative solutions for clinical practice. Additionally, the number of therapeutic antibodies in preclinical, clinical, and approved phases has been growing at a significant rate. Significant advances in antibody engineering continue to accelerate the development of therapeutic antibodies. Various protein engineering techniques further aid in improving biophysical properties such as stability and solubility of antibodies. Protein and antibody engineering is a multidisciplinary field, fusing computer, biology, chemistry, and physics. As protein engineers are currently on the cutting edge of biomedical research and development, Future Market Insights, in its new offering, brings to fore notable advances in protein/antibody engineering and their impact on the global market.
Since the emergence of protein engineering in 1980s, much progress has been made towards harnessing the potential of proteins as building blocks for the development of scaffolds and templates with specific functions. A number of antibodies, monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) in particular, have also been intensively engineered to improve their therapeutic properties for better use in specific drugs and medicines. Moreover, recent increase in the demand for individualized treatments for different types of cancer in form of immunotherapy is resulting in significant advances in protein/antibody engineering.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Advances in Protein/Antibody Engineering - Market Players Insights
Some of key companies active in protein/antibody engineering include Beryllium Discovery (UCB Pharma), IBL international (Teccan), ImaginAb, BioXcell, Precision Antibody, Covalab, GenTarget Inc, Fusion Antibodies, ImmunoPrecise Antibodies and ProSci Incorporated.
- In November 2019, Fusion Antibodies, a key player in the market for advances in protein/antibody engineering, announced a strategic collaboration with a drug development group, E2DG, to provide an end-to-end service to oncology drug discovery companies.
- In October 2019, ImaginAb announced the signing of a multi-party collaboration agreement with three global pharmaceutical companies to help further the clinical development of former’s CD8 ImmunoPET technology. Under the terms of agreement, the three collaborators - AstraZeneca, Takeda, and Pfizer - will help guide a current clinical trial and gain early access to clinical and imaging data in return.
- In April 2019, ImmunoPrecise Antibodies Ltd, announced the launch of an antibody discovery platform - DeepDisplay™. A combination of transgenic animal immunization and custom phase display antibody selection will allow the company to expand its service offerings in the therapeutic antibody discovery to select rare, fully human antibodies.
Advances in Protein/Antibody Engineering - Key Factors Shaping the Market
- Increasing Scope of Application
Protein engineering, directed evolution, and rational designing are rapidly emerging as powerful technologies for probing protein sequence-function relationships. Robust changes are coming in the healthcare sector, with rise in demand for personalized medicines and increasing cases of specific types of cancer and genetic disorders.
Protein/antibody engineering currently shows the potential to transform metabolic drug landscape with design and development of smart, stimulus-responsive drug systems. It is also expected to help test hypotheses throughout all aspects of molecular and cell biology, and by improving methods of protein-based product design, protein engineering can aid chemical, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical industries. In the current scenario, engineered proteins are treating cancers, infections, autoimmunity/inflammation, and genetic disorders. Additionally, these proteins are adapting enzymes to the desired requirements of scientists. For instance, Zinc Finger Nuclease (ZFN), an artificial enzyme that splits DNA into fragments at particular recognition sites of a molecule was developed by scientists to combat HIV.
- Technological Advancements in Protein/Antibody Engineering
Over the years, the need for new platform technologies and advanced modelling tool has been on a significant rise to address patient needs. On the account of advances in protein/antibody engineering, mAbs have become one of the prominent forms of protein-based pharmaceuticals, with humanization and fully human monoclonals increasingly contributing to their success. Today, advanced modelling tools are enabling effective and faster engineering of more complex proteins with desirable properties. In addition, key market players are paying more attention to developability and manufacturability of these proteins, while considering specific needs of patient at the earliest stages of engineering. With the emergence of bi/multi-specific and fusion proteins as promising next-gen protein drug substances, future drugs are likely to require multiple proteins being antagonized, especially in inflammation and immune-oncology space.
- High Costs Associated with Protein/Antibody Engineering
Significant growth of the market for protein/antibody engineering remains driven by a range of factor including increasing government funding for protein/antibody engineering and inclusion of cutting-edge technologies into drug discovery processes. However, it is imperative to note that, high cost of tools used in protein engineering techniques has limited its widespread practice and adoption. Developed countries continue to offer greater opportunities with relatively easy access to new technologies and rising government funds for R&D in protein engineering space. In stark contrast to this, lack of skilled professionals and qualified researchers in mid- and low-income countries is projected to represent a potential threat to steady growth of the market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Protein/Antibody Engineering
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants
- Technology related to Advances in Protein/Antibody Engineering
- Value Chain Analysis of Protein/Antibody Engineering Market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on advances in protein/antibody engineering across geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Advances Protein Antibody Engineering Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments for yorker spouts market
- Competitive landscape for yorker spouts market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint